View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 03:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

She was not exactly the touchy feely sort, but she certainly could appreciate a good hug when she received one and he just so happened to give pretty good ones. "Ugh, selfish jerk," she teased, not even remotely meaning the words as she gave him one more quick but hearty squeeze before letting him go entirely so she could slide into her seat.

"Um...fine. Restless if anything," she lamented before picking up her own drink and tipping it towards him in 'cheers' and taking a small sip. "It's like Atlantis has some pervasive Stockholm syndrome hold over me. I think you're one of the only people I can admit this to but...I miss it down there." Well, him and Eros mostly. She dare not ever mention such sentiments to Jacob who she could only imagine would lose his cool. Maybe Regina as well...who had really gone through the thick of it topside with having both family and friends as part of the hostage situation. "At least I get to still help out with diplomacy between the Ministry and Atlantis." Another heavy sigh as she took another sip and then set her drink down. "But enough of the woe is me treatment. What is new with yooooou?"

She had he suspicions but, well, she could play coy.

"Restless?" Gabriel took a sip of his coffee. "You're welcome to come running with me if you need to burn some extra energy," he volunteered, not mentioning that he had a regular running buddy. One could never have too many running buddies. He nodded thoughtfully as she elaborated. Missing Atlantis was.....not how he would have put it, exactly, but he could see where she was coming from. Their return had been stressful. Happy, sure, but having to deal with months' worth of missed work, social happenings, and trying to catch up had been difficult. He was just grateful his family and Brody had kept his flat from getting too dusty, and kept his plants alive.

Plus, he was just really glad to be back with his extensive social circle. And Brody, mostly Brody. He beamed as Joana turned the conversation over to him and his life. There was no point in delaying the news, he was too thrilled about it and he wanted to tell Joana. That's why they were here, after all. "Oh, me?" he said. "Well, I've been busy wedding planning." Yes, they'd started planning the wedding. His wedding. To Brody. He tried to take a sip of his drink and had to put it down, he was smiling too widely to do anything else right now.