Thread: Pub Seating
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Kittyyy! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
SPOILER!!: Rachel dearest

It was nice to be missed, especially by such a dear friend. Then again, Rachel often thought about Kitty and their School days. There were times when she felt such guilt about not doing a better job of keeping up with her friends. This was the time to change that, at least with the fellow Ravenclaw woman before her.

“Not at all! It’s all yours.” Truly, Rach was pleased with the delightful company. Kitty’s hand was finally released {was it normal to want to cling to a friend, or was it just the jumble of unpredictable hormones?}. “I’ve been doing well! I’m still with the Watson family company. Well… not for now anyway, because of this little one.’’ The first woman fondly patted her bump. “Kyle and I are expecting our second. Speaking of Kyle, he’ll be happy to see you! You must come over to our place for dinner sometime. Unless… unless you’re busy with protesting?” Rachel smiled, only now pausing to catch her breath and to eye Kitty curiously.

Good to know the seat she took wasn't reserved by someone else - that would have been awkward. Sitting comfortably in her chair, Kitty crossed her legs and listened to her friend discuss life. It was wonderful to hear she and Kyle were expecting their second. "Ooh, congratulations!" she said, beaming upon hearing of the second baby.

"Of course I'll come over, even if I was busy, you guys are more important." She would love to see Kyle again too, along with Rachel's firstborn. And as to the question of her protesting? She lowered her voice in a play conspiratorial tone, looking around as if people might be eavesdropping. "I've come up with a new strategy to fight the Statute. Don't get me wrong, I still protest now and then, but I temporarily am shifting my strategy to influencing people through writing. Also...I have a fiance." Her eyes twinkled. "He's a man just as committed to Muggle rights and standing up to the system as I am."

“Thank you!’’ This was turning out to be quite a happy day in her life: reconnecting with an old friend who was genuinely thrilled for her did wonders to further lift Rachel’s rollercoaster of a mood. It was quite possible it was the hormones but when Kitty said that Rachel and Kyle were important, Rachel wanted to burst into tears. Thank Merlin she didn’t though her eyes were no longer dry. “You mean a lot to us too. Especially to me.” Did Rach’s voice sound croaky? Because it sort of was.

This woman was more than ready to listen to all about Kitty’s strategies in order to take a stance against the Statute. “Do tell. You can be sure I won’t say a word to anyone else. Have you published any pieces as yet?” Her voice had been lowered while discussing tactics but suddenly bumped up into an excited squeak. “REALLY?! When did this happen? Oh, Kitty! I’m so excited for you!” Rachel reached out a hand to squeeze one of Kitty’s. In just a moment, the information regarding Kitty’s fiance and his love for Muggle rights would be processed.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote