Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 10:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
"Yeah, yeah, she's staying close to home though. Heading to university in London," he explained. So at least Cami wouldn't be too far away. She'd be able to come home any time she wanted if it got too stressful for her. Sadly, he'd be at Hogwarts most of the time - and hopefully when he came back for breaks, he wouldn't find his flat completely trashed from any weekend visits she'd make to the place. "Other than that though, not much else going on. What about you?" he asked.
Tapio smiled sympathetically, knowing it must be hard for Javier to let his child leave the nest. Though at least he was lucky enough to be relatively close to her--Tapio often felt very removed from his family abroad, and he couldn't just apparate overseas. "I'm not quite sure, actually," Tapio responded to his colleague's question. "Isla, my wife, wants me to meet her in in Amsterdam, ready for a trip, but she won't tell me where. She's being very secretive about it!"

Tapio was just turning to ask Norman about his plans when Headmaster Kazmi began his speech. Tapio still felt sad that the man was leaving--he was the only headmaster Tapio had known so far and, being only two years at Hogwarts, and seeing him go disturbed the stability of the place, somehow. Tapio looked over the student tables to judge the reactions--students always seemed to take staff turnovers hard, even though the students themselves were usually the most transient residents of the school. They seemed to expect everything else at the school to remain always the same."