View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 04:30 PM   #47 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default all the mentions.... i hope :3
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

This was the part of the lesson where Leanne was just observing and making sure there wasn't any 'funny business'.... beyond the typical effects of the cheering charm that is. And that no one overdid the spell. It was fortunate to have a healer in their midst too, she supposed. There was Aria and Ash, she wasn't really worried about them ... Daniel and Margaret; although Daniel worried her a bit because she wasn't sure that he'd been fully paying attention earlier. But perhaps it was because he was bored? She had fully expected this to be a review for anyone over fifth year, but she was also under the impression that the more one practiced, the more comfortable one became. And more comfort = better wizards.

It was however, when her eyes fell to Luther and Rajesh pairing that she was curious. Charms was still relatively new to the first year, but she hoped that with Rajesh's guidance he would manage.

"Alright, we'll pause for a moment, now that you've hopefully had the time to either feel the effects yourself or witness them first-hand from a casting, the incantation, gaudeo comes from Latin as do many incantations. Does anyone happen to know the root of the word and what it means?" But that wasn't what she wanted to ask. "Let's talk negative connotations for a moment. We talked earlier about overdoing the charm. How might this be harmful? And are there ways that one might use this to their benefit in say a duel? Can a simple cheering charm be thought of as a dueling spell, where you don't intend for serious damage? Can you think of other uses for this spell that might not just be cheering your friends up?"

ooc: ugh... sorrry for the delay in posting :3 ... anyway, there's a lot of questions packed in here. Feel free to just answer one... but essentially talking about negative connotations and out-of-the-box USES for this charm!! Also if your character knows Latin and wants to answer about the root question. We'll be wrapping this lesson up by Sunday, so if you wish for catch-ups on the main activity or anything prior, you're welcome do that too <3

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.