View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 04:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Damian, you're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
"Someone forget to pay the floo bill?" Asking jokingly, he tried to cut through the tension, fully aware that something sinister could be afoot.

"Gotta private portkey I could fetch that'll drop us behind the Leaky Cauldron if anyone wants to get a cuppa." Punctuated with a smile, Damian had no intention of explaining why he had a portkey that could transport him from the Ministry of Magic to a tavern. Sometimes you just want to duck your responsibilities.
Jane could not accept the ordinary explanations being offered for this situation; it just seemed too strange a coincidence to her. She had been on the verge of contacting the MLE office when behind her she heard the voice of her co-worker in the Death Chamber, who she had not seen much of since his return from Atlantis. This was partly Jane's own doing, because she was still a little embarrassed by her actions while under the influence of those magical objects--actions which she did not remember, but which had been described to her by several colleagues, who seemed to regard it with amusement. Jane did not.

However, now she was glad to hear Damian Pendragon, because she knew that he, at least, would take strange happenings seriously. "Damian," she said in a sharp voice, to get his attention. Then, moving in his direction, she lowered his voice and continued. "There's...there's something strange about this, I think. I mean, it's not just one or two, or even some; every single container of floo powder is empty, and it's just hard to believe that's the result of simple incompetence."
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote