View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 01:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Deezerz

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
Second Year
x8
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

SPOILER!!: Responses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
What an absolutely GORGEOUS day!

This was Aria’s thoughts as she bounced her way to the practice pitch. Both of her hands were covered in pretty purple gloves {the gloves had been a suggestion by Professor Paton} which she had designed and tailored herself. There were even some sequins sewn onto them for a little extra pizazz.

“Hi, professor!” The sixth year gave the man a happy smile. There was much to be happy about in her life and as such, the peskiness of her power had taken a backseat. Her eyes took in the set up of the pitch, noting the brooms and the goggle-like things. “I have no idea what you’re up to but it’s going to be mighty interesting today. I can tell!”
“Good day, Miss McLeod,” Kennedy greeted, smiling a little at the Slytherin’s comment. “You’ll find out soon.” What fun would it be if he spoiled the surprise? He was curious if some of the students have ever used this contraption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
Luther strode towards the Practice Pitch rather happily. Even though the cold made him feel incredibly alive, the bright sun and chilly spring weather were welcome changes.

When he reached Professor, Luther spoke cheerfully than what most are used to seeing from him, "Hello, Professor. A great day it is. Hope you are doing ok. I wonder what you have planned for the lesson."

Seeing Aria has already arrived, he waved at the Slytherin with the same smile on his face. Noticing the chic gloves, he said "Nice gloves there, Aria!"
A cheerful Luther. Kennedy smiled at the younger wizard. He had no idea what had gotten the kid in such good spirits. Whatever it was, it was nice to see his students so full of life. “Good morning, Mister Starriver. It is quite a nice day both in health and day.” As for what he had planned; patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Desiree couldn’t wait for today’s activity! Ever since she saw the notice on the Hufflepuff noticeboard, she was intrigued by the idea of VR flying, so much so that she practically skipped down the path to the practice pitch. It just occurred to her that this was the first time she’d skipped anywhere since Peeves’s teddy rat curse happened!

“Hi, Professor!” She greeted with a smile and an enthusiastic wave that resembled her old self. She stared intently at the goggles on the table beside Escalante. Ooh, did those work like muggle VR helmets, or did they run on magic? Probably magic, but which spells did it use? “Those are cool! How do they work?”

While she awaited an answer to her question, she stepped away from the table to stand with the other students. “Hi,” she greeted, waving to Aria and Luther in turn. Then she saw Aria’s purple sequined gloves. Oh, how very princessy! “I like your gloves!”
Desiree looked to be in better spirits as well. “Good day, Miss Marchand,” Kennedy greeted, flashing her a smile. “It is quite simple, the use of them,” he replied. “I’ll explain in a bit.” He checked his watch. A few more minutes and he’ll start them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Keighley had a spring in her step which of course resulted in flowers blooming up from the ground in all colors. This was normal for her as was the bright smile on her face as she made her way out onto the pitch for the days flying activity. She couldn't wait to see what the Professor had in store for them all.

"Hello, Professor! This looks like it's going to be interesting." The Hufflepuff gave a nod of her head towards all the brooms that were already lined up hovering off the ground. Clearly this was going to be a very different sort of activity then what they were all normally used to during their flying lessons.

Bouncing on the balls of her feet, Keigh smiled and gave a little finger wiggle to Aria, Luther and Desiree. "I wonder what we're going to be doing." she spoke out loud to the three of them. Whatever it was, she was sure it as going to be great.
“Hello, Miss Anders,” Kennedy responded, noticing she has come to terms with the gift Peeves so graciously placed upon her. It seems most students have grown to work with it, actually. Children were incredibly adaptable. Still, Kennedy wished to have a few words with Peeves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash wasn't exactly in a 'good' mood. But the fresh air did her a world of good, and she even had a little smile on her face as she walked across the grounds. What kind of activity would they be doing today? Why no personal brooms? She approached the group, making her way to the table. "I know what these are," she commented quietly. She knew all about muggle tech because of her father. Not wanting to spoil the surprise, and wondering about what they were doing with virtual reality, she took a spot by the professor. "Hey professor Escalante." Another smile, because she respected the professor and enjoyed his classes and activities.
Kennedy tried to suppress a smile when he heard Ashley’s comment. Hopefully she’d enjoy this activity if she was aware of what VR headsets were. “Hello, Miss Fox. It’s nice seeing you join us.” This wasn’t a mandatory activity, so her participation was welcome.

Glancing at his watch, Kennedy decided it was time to start this thing. He was sure the rest of the students were as well. “Good day and welcome to a different kind of flying. As you might have noticed, things are a bit different today.” The fact that he had not required them to bring a broom to class was the first sign. The second, and most important, there was no warm-up.

“Here on this table I have virtual reality headsets. They are popular in the world of video games.” They were familiar with video games, yes? If not that's alright. “Their purpose is to replace your natural environment with a virtual one by immersing you into a 3D experience. The way it works is quite simple,” he explained, picking up one of the headsets. “You place this on your head and make sure it covers your eyes. These are already set with the game we will play today.” Easy to understand instructions so far?

“Typically these headsets are used while standing or sitting, however, we are going to wear them while on a broom.” He gestured the broomsticks behind the crowd of students. “The way it’ll work is; you mount a broom and slip on the VR headsets. There is a button on the right side, which you’ll press to turn on--if you wish to end the game before it finishes, simply press that same button to turn it off.”

“Now that we have the mechanics out of the way, let's move onto the game--the real fun. Once you’re on your broom and the headset is turned on, you will be immersed into a land far, far away. The goal is to fly and explore the land until you find a golden star, which you will collect. When you collect the star, you will find a portal which will lead you to the next landscape.” A hint of a smirk snuck across his face. “There will be obstacles in these lands such as creatures, weather, terrain. There is no need to worry about your actual safety. The brooms you will be using today are charmed to hover and move as you like, AND remain in their spot. There will be no crashing or falling.” He made sure of that. Imagine every single student flying around, blind? It was a recipe for catastrophe.

“If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.” Questions were appreciated, always. “You may come up and grab a VR headset and begin your quest. Remember to mount a broom and press the button to begin.”

OOC: Hi, all! Excuse my delay. I hope you all have fun with this little activity.
The way this will work is once your character has grabbed a VR headset, mounted a broom and put on the headset, they will be immersed into the first landscape. In the image I have attached, it shows a little glowing star and a blue swirly portal. You could have your character struggle as much as you want for them to collect the star, or have them breeze through it. It is up to you and their level of flying skills.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM and I’ll be happy to get back to you.

I’ll be posting the next landscape come Monday.

Landscape details:
Your character appears inside a dark cave dotted with blue glowing stalactites. They reflect off the river that runs across the entirety of the cave. They're beautiful and entrancing. So peaceful. That is until you notice some of the stalactites...blink? As you take a closer look you realize they are not mineral formations, but...creatures? Out of nowhere those creatures sprout wings that look similar to butterflies, but what makes them terrible is the clicking sound they make. Will you wait and see if they're friendly? Or will you fly and search for the precious star?