Thread: DADA Dark Party
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 10:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Desiree positively beamed at the compliment from Professor Madigan. Asdfjkl!!! Did he recognize the Phantom of the Opera inspiration behind her outfit?!?! She was lowkey dying to ask, but she thought it might be awkward. Instead, she settled for a tip of her hat and a polite, “Thank you, Professor.”

Her expression turned confused at the man’s next words. Wait, were they not allowed to cast spells on the portraits after all? Was the red sparks spell not considered a friendly charm? She thought it counted because it couldn’t do any real damage, otherwise she wouldn’t have used it. Maybe she was mistaken. Whatever, it didn’t matter. She made her point, so she was done with the Inferi anyway.

Having no interest in getting into trouble today, Desiree reholstered her wand. She was mildly curious to see how the other portraits might react to her spells, but it wasn’t worth the risk. She was vaguely aware of Aria and Luther talking about her, but she wasn’t mad. She’d probably be curious herself if the roles were reversed! She turned away from the Inferi portrait with a swish of her long black Phantom cape to face the pair. “When I was little, my dad got injured fighting off a group of these things,” she elaborated, jerking her head toward the portrait, “so I’ve always hated them.” See, her vendetta against the Inferi had a very simple explanation! She left out the part about her dad being a professor at Hogwarts when it happened, though. She didn’t want to scare Luther!

“Would anyone else like a turn meeting these guys?” she asked, standing aside to allow others to get close to the Inferi portrait.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...