View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 10:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Desiree beamed, pleased to hear that she got the answer right. Not that she ever doubted she would because she’d learned that fact from her dad, and why would he give her wrong information? She listened intently, furiously scribbling down notes. Ooh, the inventor of the cheering charm was a Hufflepuff like her! How cool was that?! Maybe she’d invent a useful spell someday too… if she ever got over these random wombat transformations!

She had to stifle a giggle at the wand movement on the board. Professor Mancini was right; it did look like a cartoon tongue! So a pronounced tongue wand movement was one way to overdo the charm… good to know! She wondered what the other ways to overdo the spell were. Not that she actually intended to overdo it, of course. She would never intentionally get a spell wrong, but she’d like to know all the ways one could overdo a cheering charm so she could make sure to avoid them. Maybe she’d ask about it later. For now, she wanted to get in as much practice as possible, lest she turn into a wombat!

“Gaw-dee-oh,” Desiree practiced the incantation quietly. “Gaw-dee-oh, Gaudeo, Gaudeo, Gaudeo…” That part wasn’t very hard! Feeling confident in her pronunciation, she decided to move on to the wand movement.

She carefully made the half smile and tongue-shaped movement with her wand, trying to copy the sketch on the board exactly. Hmm… that tongue looked a bit too wide. She tried again, but this time, the tongue was too narrow and pointy-looking. She kept practicing, and on her third try, she achieved a happy medium between her previous tries. Not too wide this time, or too pointy. Did she get it right that time?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...