View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 11:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

SPOILER!!: Student Replies <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Having selected a seat, Aria had taken out the necessary materials she would need for the lesson - her books, quill and ink - and sat back with her hands fisted on her lap. Yeah… she was NOT going to be causing any chaos during this lesson as she almost had a few minutes ago. A smile lit up her face when she saw her favourite Little Lion Man - Luther. Oh my! The girl blinked like crazy at the brightness that suddenly appeared. Clearly Luther was having very strong issues with his powers as well.

Her attention refocused since the lesson was getting started. OOOH!!! The Cheering Charm! How EXCITING! The Slytherin girl would have started to bounce in her seat hadn’t it been for the fact that Mancini’s words echoed in her ears: the reminder about being relaxed. UGH! This power of hers would not let her live her life! Aria cautiously removed her right hand from her lap then raised it.

“The Cheering Charm was invented by Felix Summerbee. He’s credited for it on Chocolate Frog Cards.’’ This was exactly why Aria knew the wizard’s name so well.
But Leanne would understand that the chaos was not necessarily Aria's fault... even if it was undesirable. She beamed when the Slytherin basically quoted the information off the chocolate frog card, which she gave due credit for. "Yes I do believe I have one of those cards as well." Did she just admit to having a chocolate frog card collection? In theory, yes... but then again, were really a witch/wizard without at least ONE card?

"Quite right thought indeed, Felix Summerbee invented the cheering charm in the 1400s."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Desiree looked to the front as the lesson began, hanging on to Professor Mancini's every word. Lighthearted and carefree? Well, that explained the bubbles… They were sort of light and carefree. Ooh, the cheering charm. She knew that spell! Well, technically she didn't know how to do it (yet), but she knew of it.

As soon as she heard the question, one fact immediately came to mind, and her hand shot up. She wanted to get it out there before someone else had the chance… or she had the chance to turn into a wombat, whichever happened first. "The cheering charm can cause fits of hysterical laughter if you overdo it," she said when called on.

That was the very reason why her dad refused to use that spell on himself when he was sad, or on anyone else!
"Ah yesss..... the case of the hysterical laughter. Sadly all too easy to overdo it too." Which she would go more into later. But yes, that was definitely very true about the cheering charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Cheering charm…

Wasn’t that ironic? If only that could help his issue though he supposed Peeves would love people to be hysterically laughing, or at least something that got the poltergeist that way. Hysterical laughter was kind of the trickster’s thing. An almost scary thing and something Raj might enjoy being silenced…for a little while for sure. As punishment for Peeves had done to everyone this term.

As for the question, it seemed it might have all been covered by his fellow sixth year and the younger badger, but Rajesh thought about it long enough to come up with something else. “It was considered to be a charm to help against hiccups,” he answered.
This was actually an answer that she never DIRECTLY heard, but upon consideration it actually made sense.... "Yes, I could see that... They do say that laughter is good medicine for combating the hiccups." And then one didn't need to be wary of allergens associated with food medicines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
Max blinked. Cheering charm. Cheering charm...what did he know about it?
Well, that explains the bubbles. He listened to the others. He wasn't exactly sure. Seemed like everyone else had an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Daniel had considered ditching today's Charm lesson for the first time. He was tired, and it was noticeable on his face. The usual sparkle in his eyes had dimmed, and his face seemed to be paler than usual. He wasn't getting sufficient sleep, and all of his days were spent studying or tutoring. Fun? what was that? Nonetheless, he was present. Seated on one of the chairs, with a notebook and a pen on the table, ready to take notes if needed. Worried that one missed lesson could result in a failing OWL grade.

While the professor questioned about the cheering charm, Daniel listened to his classmates' responses but did not raise his hand to give an answer. Most had already been mentioned, and he disliked repeating answers. Instead, the fifth year rested his elbow on the table and his head on the palm of his hand. He knew enough about the cheering charm from studying for his OWLs to know that a few seconds of closing his eyes wouldn't hurt anyone...
It seemed the rest of the class remained quiet... absorbing what their classmates had to say about the subject and not really having anything new to add. Which was fine, because she wasn't sure how much more they really knew about the charm. And much of the basics seemed to have been stated already. But she did notice Daniel was ... closing his eyes? Should she make a demonstration of him? Maybe wait to see if he opened them at the next task and if he didn't... She was fully aware that different students absorbed material differently. And it couldn't be for certain if he was sleeping or just concentrating. So waiting was best.

"So the cheering charm, as stated was founded in the 1400s, or 15th century, by Felix Summerbee. One of the purposes for this charm is merely to make people happy and elated. It should also be noted, in case you've forgotten, that Hogwarts was founded in the 10th century." While this wasn't history of magic, having a little history background of charms was essential in Leanne's mind for being good with charms.

"As Felix was a wizard who lived after Hogwarts was already founded, there's many a tale of him attending Hogwarts and excelling in charms, particularly. He was a Hufflepuff who wanted to make the world a better place through using his strengths. Which surmounted to his invention of the cheering charm."

Enough about Felix Summerbee though.

"Enough background, as I'm sure you're all ready to learn the wand movement and incantation. So the wand movement looks much like a cartoon tongue. You start with a half smile and then move the wand down to create another longer half circle." Leanne drew a sketch on the board for them as a visual.

Incantation: Gaudeo. Gaw-dee-oh.

"I will forewarn you though that the more pronounced your tongue is, it's one way that you could overdo the charm. So it needs to be just right in terms of proportion. There's a window of maybe couple centimeters."

"And the incantation is gaudeo. Take the next few moments and practice the motions and incantation separately before we move onto testing them out."

ooc: mini activity time ... just practice the incantation and wand movements, separately. Any questions, ask... We'll pick back up some time (depending on how far along you all get) on Sunday with the next task ...

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.