Thread: DADA Dark Party
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 12:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Anyone want to help Desiree take on the portraits? ^_^
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Things were very wrong at Hogwarts when Desiree Marchand didn’t want to dress up for a party! She didn’t see the point in trying anymore when Peeves’s curse made it unlikely that she’d stay beautiful, but she still made an effort. She arrived dressed in a Victorian-style black dress, black cape, black fedora, and white half mask. For once in her life, her outfit wasn’t inspired by a Disney character. Instead she’d gone with a character that reflected her inner ugliness.

“Hello, Professor Madigan,” she greeted the man with a tip of her hat. “Hi, everyone!” Everybody else got a friendly wave. Her bright blue eyes scanned the room, taking in the decor and portraits on the walls. Mummy, vampire, banshee, Dolores Umbridge… that last one got a giggle out of her. Then she saw it… the Inferi. Oh yes, she knew all about those disgusting things, the time they invaded Hogwarts seeking treasure, and the way they scarred her father both physically and emotionally to the point that he resembled the character that inspired her costume! If there was one thing she hated even more than Peeves, it was Inferi!

While she would’ve gladly set the blasted thing on fire, she would have to be content with following the professor’s directions to use friendly spells. The only “friendly” spell she knew that did anything remotely close to fire was the red sparks spell. Okay, she’d go with that. Willow wand clutched tightly in hand, she aimed at the Inferi portrait and cast, “Periculum!”

“That’s for my dad, you creepy corpses,” she muttered, watching with satisfaction as the Inferi in the portrait grumbled and scattered away from the sparks.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...