Thread: Seektober 2022 sweetpinkpixie's chimaera ranch
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 03:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

chimaera #10
suppressed emotions
OBSCURIAL | COLD | AVIS

[ click for full size ]

We have arrived. The final three prompts of the 30 prompt challenge for this year's Seektober. I am still filled with regret that I could not complete a doodle a day as I have in the past but I am proud for getting these ten pieces out and with greater detail than anything I have produced in the past Seektobers. Especially this piece. OOF. I knew I wanted to make this one the biggest out all ten, and with three characters in difficult positions (difficult for me since I tend to stick to full frontal view or just a tiiiiiny tweak to the side when it comes to faces) ... it took me a fair bit to sketch out and I am still not entirely happy with proportions (...my boy there really be wearing HUGE Timberlands over there).

Anyway, with 'obscurial' as the first drawn prompt...I knew I wanted to utilize characters that had the greatest potential of becoming one. The candidates are Elliot Cox (left), Valerie Gray (middle), and Jaecar Upstead (right). Naturally, their pasts and reasons for their suppressed emotions are things which none of them wish to have me share to publicly (honestly) but each do harbor an intense darkness within them that could manifest into an Obscurus.

With 'cold' I decided to draw them each in their comfort clothing and the sort of clothing they feel the most protected against the harsh realities of the world - to take a moment to be dramatic.

For 'Avis', I used the shape of the wand movement to draw the dark/grey energy emanating from the trio. The greys did not get as dark as I was going for...but I was afraid of getting TOO dark and there was no way I was dipping into my unforgiving black pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Omg I think Sibling Harmony is my most favorite one yet. You captured the likeness of Eiji and Becky so well. Look at their lil faces! Look at those poses! Look at Becky's uniform! Just so nicely done and I really like the copper cauldron too.

I really like Paige too. She comes across so soft and sweet here. And I love how you incorporated the phoenix prompt into this as well. I'm not as familiar with Darius as I am with many of your other characters, but that is one sultry chibi! And just look at those abs!
thank you, MJ I'm still kind of embarrassed about the abs but I think Becky and Eiji are in a tight lock for my favorite from this month for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
I should be fangirling over Becky, since I love her hair and she's one of my faves, but that cauldron shiny effect is so STINKING COOL. It's fun that you've learned how to do so many impressive things with these markers. Imagine me out here living my best life with some Crayola, ok?
Becky is so tickled I really do love and adore these markers and am grateful for all the YouTubers out there who teach me something new about how to use them with every video and supply me with new techniques to try out. There was a far bit more experimenting this Seektober to varying results...but it's been a blast (and nothing wrong with homey Crayola markers!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
more thoughts/compliments in list fashion <3
  • look at how the cookie girl has grown up
  • i echo the others in how i am OBSESSED with the see-through fabric on lil Candela
  • RIP Basil Skeeter
  • luv that watering can
  • I LOVE THIS BECKY-EIJI MOMENT
  • the cauldron
  • the PURPLE
  • the BOOK

ok ok I think I'm good for now... hoping for moooooooooore....
  • you
  • are
  • too
  • kind
  • and
  • thank
  • you

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes