Thread: Seektober 2022 sweetpinkpixie's chimaera ranch
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 01:59 AM   #39 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

chimaera #8
garden firebird
PHOENIX | WATERING CAN | YELLOW

[ click for full size ]

Another that came together quite easily - and man I am getting a lot of the Herbology related prompts, which meant it was only a matter of time before this character got featured. Paige Harden (formerly Skeeter) was my first 'secondary' school character back when I was on staff with Airey and had the itch for a student character voice. You could say that her creation marked a ~rebirth~ in how I approached the RP as I shifted from having only one school character at a time to...many, revitalizing my creativity and RP experience. But she herself went through multiple rebirths during her life after her emotions set her soul aflame (for better or worse). As a Hufflepuff, the use of yellow was pretty self explanatory here and when paired with watering can I really thought I would end up drawing her with sunflowers (her favorite flowers and ones that hold deep meaning for her), but I recently went shopping for some flowers for the balcony and my sons picked out ones nicknamed 'hi no tori' ('firebird' in English and sometimes translated as 'phoenix') and is named so because the flowers look like flames. It seemed fitting for her to be watering one of these plants as a symbol of her continuing to nurture her own transformation. The phoenix also has healing tears and Paige, upon her father taking ill due to prolonged influence of Unforgiveable Curses, threw herself into the career of a healer - one that intensified after her father's passing and also went through several transformations before discovering which branch of healing she felt fit her best.

This piece I erased my pencil sketches and then colored first before laying down the line art and it really gives a soft feeling to the piece that I really like - especially within the context of Paige's personality. I wish I had spaced these doodles out better so I could fit one more to each page and have this be the entire Seektober spread. I may put some paper inserts on the right side that folds out so I can accomplish that because something just seems sad about two doodles being all on their own. I'll figure something out.

Phoenix also makes me think of one of the works by Tezuka Osamu and...well...Paige is also an author (though not a mangaka/comic book artist). Anyway. It was another fleeting thought that swirled around while I was conceptualizing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
I am furious with you for waking up three tWO of my characters so completely with these last two prompts. and you know they (and I, ofc) recognised them immediately

really loving the journey you went on for your candela piece and I have to echo MJ and Ern in my admiration for that translucent fabric. it's so well done and even in the section not overlapping with any other part of the picture you can see it's shimmery and sheer and sssssshhhhining. the intricate designs you got on that candle too just... ugh and as always the shading/blending in her face and... just all of it ok

smh. darius. the way this is immediately and obviously him. loathe you for that. that rugged piece of fairy dust. I'm with you on the effect of that gel pen on the rips in his jeans (a young man in my head is itching to sneak those jeans into the trash) and again in his skin, the colours and ~values~ (look at me using art words). like. his skin. his chest. the highlight and shadows. the texture on the jeans. c'est wicked cool.
Not in the least apologetic about that quite LIKE when they are awake it warms her heart and makes her smile entirely too wide to know this regardless (and Darius is insufferable, go figure, and it wiggling his brows with an open invitation to do with the jeans as a certain someone so desires)

thank you, Felix I really think that sheer silk is the best bit I have drawn and colored this Seektober. False sense of security in place that I have mastered the colorless blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
I really adore the way you went about putting the pieces together to bring about chimera 6! The entire thing with page 394 was genius, IMO.

Darius' entire look is giving me a Captain Jack Sparrow vibe which I LOVE!!!

PS: I feel that if any of these pieces were made into dolls, I would collect each
If only I had ANY skill in doll customization. I have so many Barbies back at my parents' home that I could go to town on.

funny story, I do sometimes channel a bit of Captain Jack Sparrow when I RP Darius - he has that certain kind of swag and nonsensical whimsy about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
The ripped jeans! The hair! I do love seeing these cutie little chibi babies and how they are turning out. I know you have a ton of markers, but it's not REALLY so many that you aren't doing amazing things with blending and texture and hue that no number of markers can overcome.
Eeeeeern

I've seen several tutorials with people who use the same core 10 colors or so and it is just mindblowing to me what can be accomplished (color theory, am I right?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Awww Cookie Girl! Kurumi. Simon's feeling nostalgic about his sister and those days.

And the sheerness of that fabric. Wow.
Aw, Simon she has come a long way from the tiny little first year and timid little thing trying out for beater and being placed as seeker

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
Omg these are so good!! I love restorative silk. It's beautiful and i love the patterns you put on the fabrics! Just gorgeous! GORGEOUS
thank you, Suzy I got SO nervous drawing the design because gel pens can sometimes clog or just...not apply super smoothly so I am always timidly drawing my first few lines

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes