Thread: Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 11:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: We love him SO much :')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Evan knew it was his friend just trying to be helpful, and his arguments were inconsequential anyways which was why he just settled on a grateful smile instead of pointing out that grades DID in some ways offer definition. At least they would in the ways that after school might come to matter - careers primarily which could affect a lot of other different areas of life. But even thinking on it too much might have got him panicking and thinking his plan to sail and take time (and even his plan of being here currently and not in a book) was a bad one. So instead, he just focused on the words that seemed the only really necessary to say. "We'll figure out times to hang out as well, I'm sure. Even next year I'll probably try to come for your Hogsmeade visit." Both to see Jude and his sisters. "And after that there will be a lot of responsibility but we'll figure it out, I'm sure." Besides... if he still didn't have things figured out, it would probably be Jude who would be the one who was far too busy.

Cue the suspicious eyes here, because Ev was sure Jude knew just as well as he did he HAD no proof. So instead, he childishly just stuck his tongue out at him. So... there.

"Oh, that makes a lot of sense." He responded, watching for a moment all the ingredients being added into the pot Jude was working on. Pushing his bowl of potatoes to the side, he moved towards the Hufflepuff at the request, glancing into the bowl and feeling his stomach growl in appreciation. Mm. It all did look good. He considered seasonings for a moment, not even thinking twice about just eating the bite from the pro-offered fork as he did so. "Hmm. Do you think there are any fresh herbs lying around in here? A sprig of rosemary and thyme might be good."

Why was Evan so stubborn? He just didn’t see what Jude meant. Grades were important in some manner, yes, but overall? Not as much because life was so much more. Maybe his friend would see that in the future. Or maybe Jude would see how important grades were for further studies. He knew it was his talent that mattered and that it was said talent that would mainly determine his entry to WADA. “We’ll figure it out,’’ the hufflepuff repeated. It was more for himself so that he could push that panicky feeling away. “I’d like that. It’ll be the first year I’ll be at Hogwarts without you. The same for Lisa and Maya too.” So yes, Evan. A visit would be great. His brain kept repeating ‘we’ll figure it out’ which is oddly soothing to him. Not for once had it ever occurred to him that he might be the busier one. Why? Because in his mind, Jude always knew he would make time for the relationships that mattered to him.

The sixth year wanted to collapse out of sheer mirth and laughter at Evan’s reaction. Merlin! This side of his bestie was SO refreshing! May there be many, many more good days like this for the Ravenclaw.

That was completely true! It all DID look good! Not to mention the aroma! Quite the little feast awaited these two. Jude too didn’t think too much of Evan eating right off the fork. They were close with each other so this sort of thing was more than okay. He, however, could not help but be attentive to Evan’s handsome face while he tasted the mix. See, this was why another opinion was important! “I saw some earlier. Hang on…” A minute later, Jude was back, a grin on his face and a sprig each of rosemary and thyme. “As recommended. One sprig of rosemary.” Into the pan it went. “One sprig of thyme.” That followed in as well. “This should be done soon. In the meanwhile, can you find us a deep baking dish, Ev? Please and thanks.” Then they could get to layering the potatoes and meat/veggie mix!

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺