Thread: Seektober 2022 emjay's good intentions
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 03:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

SPOILER!!: <333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
I love that little kitten! The eyes are so good, and I feel like the colored pencil texture on the fur really makes it look so soft.
Aw thank you! I was worried that the colored pencil made him look flat, but I will take soft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Oh my goodness, these are all beautiful but I am particularly obsessed with the scene for Karleigh! The movement that you were able to capture and just the DETAILS in her hair and every where else! I cannot stop looking at it! Very excited to see more!
Oh thank you! I do like how her hair turned out too. Hopefully it's clear that she tried to tame her curls into a ponytail lol. Best hairstyle for potions, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
so first of all, don't even worry about the toad in the frog choir because it turns out that the "frogs" in the frog choir are, in fact, toads. SO IT'S ALL GOOD. as is the toad here, which are smh honestly such a pain to draw so I really admire what you've done here. I enjoy the shading (of course) and the shaping on those round little toad limbs, and the pop of the regal royal purple cushion.

I'm always in awe of your character art too, I'd love to be able to depict my own characters with the skill that you do one day. particularly drawn to karleigh's hair, and the shading on the cauldron, and all the little details. ugh. beautiful.

Henryyyyy, what a pal. true bestie. harrowing other dimension experience, but uhhh... at least the kitten was spared? cats are HARD to draw (at least in my experience) but this one is so well done and so cute, I would like to pet it for many hours. the detailing and shading on the bow is excellent too. i love this so much and i love the journey of the prompt too (except for. yk. the aforementioned harrowing experience for poor henry)
Ah ok, that's good then lol. I was going to say that I couldn't tell the difference and probably neither could Levi, but he'd given me a very pointed look and said of course he knew the difference. After I started shading, I kind of wished I had just gone with toad/frog markings like in the reference I used, but I suppose it turned out ok regardless.

Aw thank you! You are too kind to me. I did use a reference of Alisha Boe when working on Karleigh and her prompt and I wasn't really sure about the likeness achieved in pen as I feel like I work better with shading in pencil and colored pencil, but I really did like her hair so I'm glad you did too. Lol yeah poor Henry lmao. It all worked out in the end. Thank you so much. The bow was my favorite part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
I'm with Mama Jess, MJ! I'd be sooooo down for you giving art lessons I'm truly enjoying each of these creations. I would love to snuggle that sweet icke cat!
Aw you guys are so sweet. Maybe I'll do a tutorial or something one day. I actually do have a tutorial on making little yarn hat ornaments in Gladrags, I think. N'aww thanks, I'd like to snuggle him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
That video was actually really helpful in like...calming my nerves a little I remember actually giving the whole random lines a try for my Extendable Ear prompt during the first Seektober and I think that was at your encouragement

I love the frog choir story. Legend has it that some of those descendants have still wiggling and hopped their way into the chorus to this day I really like the coils...tendrils...the drapey thingies on the pillow.

Oh my heart. Sweet Karleigh but hey, got those goldfish like bits leaping out of the cauldron! Doing a mighty fine job I love all the details here, from the cutting board with its knife and little bits to her HAIR. I love her hair and how much movement and texture it has. Also, that cauldron is really nice looking...like really really nice

That kitty is SO cute. I just want to pluck them right out of that box and cuddle them. So fluffy and those little paws that ribbon too though. Like. Wow. Gorgeous line work.
Oh good. I think it's a really good video for explaining the basics of some different types of shading and great to practice. I liked the video you shared with me the other day about sketching in pen and I think I'm going to try more of that myself. Lmao I think it's very possible that more than one of those toads ended up in the choir.. though at this point, might be grandchildren as I do not know how long toads live. It was meant to be fringe like in some of the pictures I saw, but thank you, I'm glad you like. Haha, I'm glad they did okay with their potion. That was the best Karleigh could hope for, though I'm not sure either of them should actually ingest it. Thank you, the hair and cauldron were my favorite bits to this. I'm glad the kitty conveyed its fluffiness, because he is very fluffy irl... or ic at least lol.

Day 6: Wizard's Chess
Minerva McGonagall
Ink Pen and Colored Pencil

SPOILER!!: Wizard's Chess

It's been a little while since I posted in here and I know I am getting more than a little behind. Without going into details, something tragic happened here last week that's affected me pretty badly and I just haven't felt like posting. But I have been drawing a lot as I've been processing things and maybe to distract myself, so I have four more completed and I've pencil sketched out about 12 more that I need to ink and color. So maybe I'm not quite as behind as I thought. I'm going to post them soon, but I think I'm going to try to space them out just a bit.

For day 6, I knew I had to do wizard's chess because it is a favorite pastime of my character Phoenix to play with his buddy Mercer. There could be a lot of cool takes on this prompt, I think, since the pieces are supposed to actually look like the roles they have and are animated, but I stuck with a simple scene of Phoenix playing a game. The opponent could possibly be Mercer, but I also don't think I got a very good resemblance in that squished profile, so I suppose that is up to interpretation on who it is. I kind of struggled with this one in those poses and the perspective and the hands and the shirt and just ugh. I guess it all turned out ok in the end. The colored pencil is pretty subtle as it is just shades of grey and white on the chess pieces, but I wanted that to be more of the focus as that was the prompt.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line