Thread: Seektober 2022 Cassirin's Hogwarts Syllabus
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 01:07 AM   #49 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

SPOILER!!: oh hello frens
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
how about I just order 10 or 30 of everything because that is also a vibe.

Looooooooooooooove the 'loyalty' prompt and the blowing technique you used here and how that shape is mimics in your pen doodles. It's just so cheerful. And Paige says there is absolutely nothing wrong with using the language of flowers

Love your thought process for 'patience' and the colors too. Also how the ink doodles read like not only drops of water rippling out but also rings on trees or layers of rock and fossil which all ~take time~

'Greenhouse' makes me think of looking in through the window of a greenhouse during heavy rain, so the shapes inside are all blurred but all the colors are kind of blended together. It gives me a sense of warm peace #teamgray
I'm going to run out of paper before you run out of enthusiasm, that's for sure. <3

I really love the blowing technique... I actually used it on an earlier one too, but it's so nice and SPIKY on this one. I almost tried to do something floral with that shape and then I just felt like I wanted to keep trying new shapes I hadn't tried before.

I really like your interpretation for patience. I was trying to mimic the round shapes of the watercolors, but it absolutely has a water ripple/tree ring feel that fits with the original prompt. I wish I could take credit for thinking of that outright, but sometimes we get to credit intuition?

And totally get what you're seeing with greenhouse. I've seen these striped paintings with horizontal lines before, but the space didn't like that. But I love the look, so I'll probably try this one again sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
first of all yes, if it's keeping you engaged and wanting to make the arts n stuff then I'd say you're doing seektober absolute justice. and if there's such a thing as cheating in art, I'm confident that is is not it

anyways. I definitely get the melancholy in lonely, and you've made it really beautiful in putting it all together. we'll let you off for the double blue because the effect here is so goooood, and also. lov the drama. and TEA (as in the next prompt, not the drama). the blending in that particular doodle and the way the colours all merge into each other is so pretty, and there's not a line that looks like it shouldn't be there *-*

fascinated by the fact it's apparently cheating to have a watercolour black. bUt. moving on. something about blacks/pinks/greys together is sO pleasing to my eye so I really enjoy the palette you chose for brave and it's come together so nicely. with that and the line work the doodle painting is so beautiful ugh how dare you

it's no secret i love all your art and find something in everything that blows me away aaaand loyalty is no different. holy heckle, it's so... it looks like it has spirit. it's dynamic. it makes my eyes happy. *covertly licks it*

also, the next time you insinuate that anything ur doing here is cheating i am going to bop you on the head. with love. the thinking behind patience here is perfect, and I like greys in palettes !! they are very versatile and set things off so nicely. did you have to have patience to do the circles? bc I would have needed a lot of patience. AND FINALLY greenhouse ;; the colours are absolutely perfect and the little doodle is so peaceful and yet invigorating

v sorry except not really for all the many words. it will happen again.
Oh, hello, chatty friend. You have fulfilled your mission in keeping me coming back to post more, so good job!

I believe we've talked about licking the watercolors before, but I will allow it because I think I didn't use the toxic... nope. The yellow is bad for you. No licking the yellow.

I'm allowed to call things cheating, though, but would it be better if I called them 'art hacks'? I think the point is that I don't want anyone putting in a ton of effort to feel like I"m just sliding by slapping up things I haven't put a lot of thought into. I SWEAR I HAVE. It's just that everything is gray and/or I like flowers and/or similar colors in the same family look great together...

Come back again okay? okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
*catches up on all the goodies here*

UGH! The heartstrings your 'lonely' piece is tugging! I legit sat here admiring that one for a bit. I'm really continuing to enjoy the colours you use. For me, coming to this thread is so relaxing because of that fact. Everything here is an aesthetic masterpiece.

PS: I don't think any of us mind the grays
I really like the colors in that one too! And I'm glad you don't mind the gray, because I can assure you that neutrals make the world go 'round. I definitely will continue to bring them back.

Day 19 - Parchment

SPOILER!!: Inspiration Image

I just want to tell you that I have been struggling with 'cream' color for ages. It's not yellow but it isn't pink, and any time I have to make something in that shade, I just... end up with a shade that isn't quite right. This might be the closest I've ever gotten (yellow ochre and rose dore, btw, and very very watery), so I'm chuffed.

I also chose this image specifically for that dark blue quill and orange butterfly wing to add some DRAMA.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest