Thread: Seektober 2022 emjay's good intentions
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 05:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

SPOILER!!: warm fuzzies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Look at those little blips of potion leaping out of the cauldron! I love that detail so much, and her hair! I'm a huge fan of this doodle that is much more detailed than any doodle has a right to be!

And the frog looks like he's really going through something. I'm a fan of him, but he is experiencing some serious existential dread. Maybe he should join the swim team instead?
Oh thank you! I do kind of like how her hair turned out. Hopefully you can tell that she's tried to tame her curls into a ponytail. One of the best hairstyles for potions. And yes, I think Smith Jr has considered leaving the Frog Choir for a better life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
The details in these so far .... can you like teach an art class on SS one of these days, please??? Love your potions one and karleigh. But all of these are just amazing !!!

*Sets up camp here too*
Aww you're sweet. I suppose I could if people were actually interested in that XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
holy cow. That is so beautiful! I am so jealous of all of you art inclined people!
Thanks so much Suzy. But I think you are a pretty creative person too.

Day 1: Vanish
Minerva McGonagall
Ink Pen and Colored Pencil

SPOILER!!: Vanish

I know this one needs some explanation because a kitty in a box is not what one would normally expect to go along with the word vanish. I originally was going to go with the Day 1 prompt of Phoenix, but I couldn't think of much beyond just a phoenix and I thought that might be boring and wasn't character inspired. I do have a character named Phoenix, but I didn't want to just draw him - though I am working on a colored pencil portrait of him, but that is not for this. Anyway, when I paused on Vanish, it made me think of the time that Henry Whittebrook vanished.. and I decided to use that for my inspiration.

On Henry Whittebrook's 16th birthday, just as Charlotte Kettleburn gave him his birthday present, a chocolate brown and white kitten, a portal to another dimension opened up next to him and sucked him in, leaving a panicked girlfriend and confused kitten. I drew what remained after he vanished - a kitty in a wrapped box, with the lid askew.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line