Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 03:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Sammy <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post

A dimpled!smile instinctively spread across his face at her words. It wasn't too bad, and Sammy knew that, but the fact that she was concerned was heartwarming. There was no doubt that he'd made a good decision in keeping her around.

"Thank you. I'm grateful for the company, especially from you," After all, she was one of the people he knew he'd be comfortable around, even if they didn't say a word to each other. But hand-holding? He wouldn't mind but knowing their history, that might start rumours again and merlin knows they've had enough of that. "Uh, yeah, sure. I'm okay. Just thinking about the future and feeling a little-" Cue a deep sigh "daunted. By all of it."

Anyways. "What about you? How've you been doing?"

Ash kind of smiled at Sammy's dimpled!smile, still concerned about him. Lots of things could hide behind smiles, she knew. She just kept him company on the floor, not holding his hand. She didn't care if anyone spread rumors about them, because any rumor would be tame compared to what happened in second year. However, Sammy didn't ask to have his hand held, so she simply didn't. Instead, she folded her hands behind her head. "Daunted by the NEWTS? Or...?" Or afterwards. When they had to go out in the real world. When she found out if she could go out and live on her own and take care of herself, if she could keep her life together. If she could be successful at what she wanted to do. That actually scared her far more than NEWTs. She didn't want to let Sammy know that, though. It wasn't her turn to vent. Even if he was trying to take attention off of himself. You can't 'anyways!' Ash that easily, Sammy. "I'm alright. I've been better. But I've also been much worse." She realized that wasn't reassuring at all. The truth was, she wasn't exactly doing great, and she never was, and it was very obvious. "I don't think I'm going to university." Because she was going to learn from her father, but also because she couldn't spend another year in a school. "But I'm still trying to do well on my NEWTs." She glanced over. "If you're stressed, you could come to the health and wellness group with me." She didn't want to pry into his feelings, because she didn't like when people did it to her, but she also didn't want to let him redirect the conversation.