View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
"Umm, no, Sir, no, it's just... don't you think there are too many of them?" said Luther, realizing how he might have sounded.

He then listened to the Professor's practice venue recommendations and said "I was usually practising next to the lake but due to winter I had to cut short those practices. I will definitely check out the room you mentioned."

Luther sat silently through the Professor's advice on his recall problem. He took a deep breath. Then he untied his hair and looked at the ribbon. Another deep breath. Then he spoke. "I... I talked about this with Professor Holden, too. My parents... I lost them when I was 5. And I... I sometimes... I sometimes cannot remember their faces. They are blurred. Or their voices are muffled." Luther stopped for a moment. 'It shouldn't be this difficult. It never is with Leo. I shouldn't have come here.' A whispery groan left Luther's lips and he continued talking, more composed than moments before. "Professor Holden suggested using a Pensieve if I can ever find one. I am going to check out my family's vault at Gringotts. Maybe great-great-great grandfather or someone had one and put it there. As for smells and sounds, sometimes they do help. But not for very long. I kind of wanted to learn Occlumency for this. If I can learn how to clear my mind, maybe I can focus on those memories better." While saying this, Luther's eyes never left the black ribbon in his hands.

As he finished, unshed tears started burning his eyes. Caused by slowly creeping suppressed desperation. By hopelessness. By longing.

Did Madigan think there were too many stairs? "Well, I'd much rather prefer they didn't change as often." Especially when in his student years he had to find detours to get to a specific area when the stairs didn't want to cooperate. A small smile, "But then again I am a bit biased, since after enough time here the amount of staircases hasn't crossed my mind as often."

Professor Madigan could feel the amount of release the young lad needed to release. From the first mention of him not having too many memories of his family was a gut wretcher. Too much trauma for anyone, especially one so young in their formidable learning years to carry. He waited patiently for young Luther to express himself and take the time to regain some composure. One of his table drawers opened up to reveal a tissue box hopping over in front ready to be used. "I am sorry for your loss and what you're having to carry." It needed to be said as it was on his mind. "Have a chocolate coin," One of his special edible coins that helped with calming.

Then listening to what his colleague Simon suggested. "That is a valuable option from Professor Holden.. " Nodding as he delivered what he suspected, he was in no plans on delaying the task of learning Occlumency. Young Luther had plans already, "I won't discourage you from learning Occlumency, since it is a very grueling task that I have no doubt you have the determination to eventually master it in your future. It will take time, time that I imagine you wouldn't want to waste." Which then led to, "I must ask though if you had already spoken with Healer Mancini? Merely for your options to remain open should any of them change and in case an option is more beneficial."

First thing, "My suggestion would be to see a Healer specializing in memories in particular with your current guardian's permission. Not only in school here with Madam Mancini, but outside when away from school. I can provide you with some reference materials with mind-clearing for Occulmency prepping, given your age it'd seem like tedious but necessary work as it will be a gradual progression. It would also be best to have a Healer on hand since this will be involving your memories and the exhausting task at hand. Clearing your mind overtime can risk forgetting other memories incase you haven't documented your current ones." The Professor didn't pity the young man, since pity often signified weakness and young Luther Sterriver showed everything but weakness with his courage to find a solution. "How is that sounding with you Master Starriver?"