Thread: Seektober 2022 Chelliephone's Salute to the OG Eagle
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 01:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: community kindness <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
omg! I love all of these so much! The little feather and the owl are probably my favorites! Great job hunny!
Thank you, Suzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I love love love love little doodles! These are so precious and so full of character. I think your 'parchment' prompt is my favorite thus far and the story behind it is so sweet (even if Evan suffered a little)
I'm having a ton of fun with them and I like seeing the page fill up but... goodness the small space is difficult! Thank you, Kath <3 Evan suffered for a good cause because it's a fun story for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
I think I love the stories behind your interpretations of the prompts as much as I love the drawings themselves. The colors are so vivid and fun! I really love the sweater this time around, with the little details. So sweet.
Thank you, Ern! I always figure my doodle with no context on why would make no sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Okay, but why is this feather so majestic. I want ten of them to hang all over my walls. As I’m looking through your thread, I am so struck by your use of colors !!! The owl in particular is so, so cute. I would like to pick it up and slip it into my pocket. The amount of details you’ve managed in such a tiny space. I’m beyond impressed. THIS FROG. I am essentially live tweeting rn, scrolling up and typing as I stumble upon each of your drawings, sorry for the chaos. But this FROG. With the lil flower. HE IS PERFECT and I love him. You did such a phenomenal job with this Pokemon depiction omg. The EYES. THE COLORS! Thank you for taking us on this journey of your thought process for the parchment prompt! Poor Ev, but honestly? If it led to this prompt. Worth it. A sacrifice for the greater good
I have noted your order!! This is not chaos, I'm a big fan of the live tweet responses and your kind words are giving me all the warm and fuzzies! Ev survived the loss of a sweater and if memory serves, his sister was not without loss too. I just wish I could remember if it had been Maya or Lisa Thank you for swinging through and sharing your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Jude and I are LOVING this Evan-related inspiration That's the cutest jumper I've ever seen :3
I had a lot of fun drawing it and remembering his misery accident. Thank you, Alicat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Crayola makes some good quality products tbh. And you are getting really nice results with the markers. I really love the character inspiration you are putting into the prompts. It's always so interesting to know the story behind them. I'm not super into Pokemon to know much about it, but your Ravenclaw prompt gives me some My Little Pony vibes too, which I absolutely love lol!
I had definitely not noticed that as much before embarking on this journey! But I'm honestly turning into a fan. They're all pretty bright and saturated and I'm a big fan of loud colors so I'm enjoying using them. Thank you! :3 Looking at the ponyta again, I can definitely see the My Little Pony to it too! Which is equally a loved show in this household.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
can I just say, I'm really enjoying how colourful all your prompts are, they all seem so lively and vibrant and ugh I do so love. also the thought you put behind the prompts. and the detail in those teeny tiny little boxes. I'm a big fan of your parchment prompt, I think it came out really well, and I always approve of a healthy dose of pokemans

also can't wait to see how all these look on the page once you're done (if you're going to show us of course, heheh)
Ahh, thank you Felix! I'm liking the vibrancy of most of these. I'm definitely drawn to louder colors that really pop, and it's been fun to see those work decently with these doodles. Thank you so much!

I'm looking forward to the overall outcome too, and I'll definitely share it! My tiny humans have also been filling out pages that I'll throw up at the end too! They are BRIGHT and I love.

6. Feather

I did not read all the way through the list to notice there was also a feather prompt when I did the first one, but I'm glad I didn't because it pushed me to just think further outside the obvious for this prompt! Another Evan inspired - Ev's very first friend in the magical world (Solana played by MunchyBubbles) was a big fan of Fwoopers and so that ended up being one of the first magical things Evan was introduced to. From there, every year for holidays he would get Sol new Fwooper feather quills. So... naturally, I had to try drawing a Fwooper for him.

I don't know that I LOVE him, I think I could have figured a better way to blend the bright colors for him and I definitely don't like the background color I had used, BUT he was a LOT of fun to doodle.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start