View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Freyr
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

An interesting comment, "Did something happen on the staircase?" Had Madigan's attention for sure. As for a great place to practice, "Ah... well, you'd definitely need a safe space. There's a few places around the castle.. I'd suggest outdoors near the lake or on the seventh floor in the left corridor for one. There's a multi-purpose room you'd be welcome to use during your free time." It was a great room to find, "But of course, I wouldn't spend all of your free time in there," A small smile just to encourage him to enjoy his time outside of studying as well.

"I see.." Remembering things, a deep topic, "It's quite interesting the subject of Occlumency. On the one hand, your memories will be safe, but on the other when one uses Legilimency on the target deep-seated memories can also come out even ones that the target didn't happen to know they had." Pausing for a moment to let it sink in, "If it's an important memory you're looking to recall, there are some alternative ways you could try as well. A lot of our memories are linked with sounds and smells, hearing a specific music track can bring out an entire scenario in your memory for example." Then adding, "I imagine you're looking for a better solution than a Rememberall?" Those items were nice but not completely helpful since they only shared if you have forgotten something and it was likely the young lad already knew or possessed one.

"Umm, no, Sir, no, it's just... don't you think there are too many of them?" said Luther, realizing how he might have sounded.

He then listened to the Professor's practice venue recommendations and said "I was usually practising next to the lake but due to winter I had to cut short those practices. I will definitely check out the room you mentioned."

Luther sat silently through the Professor's advice on his recall problem. He took a deep breath. Then he untied his hair and looked at the ribbon. Another deep breath. Then he spoke. "I... I talked about this with Professor Holden, too. My parents... I lost them when I was 5. And I... I sometimes... I sometimes cannot remember their faces. They are blurred. Or their voices are muffled." Luther stopped for a moment. 'It shouldn't be this difficult. It never is with Leo. I shouldn't have come here.' A whispery groan left Luther's lips and he continued talking, more composed than moments before. "Professor Holden suggested using a Pensieve if I can ever find one. I am going to check out my family's vault at Gringotts. Maybe great-great-great grandfather or someone had one and put it there. As for smells and sounds, sometimes they do help. But not for very long. I kind of wanted to learn Occlumency for this. If I can learn how to clear my mind, maybe I can focus on those memories better." While saying this, Luther's eyes never left the black ribbon in his hands.

As he finished, unshed tears started burning his eyes. Caused by slowly creeping suppressed desperation. By hopelessness. By longing.