View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 03:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
"Thank you, sir." said Luther taking the cup of water and drinking it. "Hogwarts staircases must definitely be someone's torture devices."

Luther intently listened to the Professor's advice. While finding a shortcut was not what Luther wanted, a way to shorten this time would not be unwelcome. "I see, thank you, Professor. Umm, do you mind telling me the best place to practice? I wouldn't want to potentially set my bed up on fire or paralyse my housemates." said Luther with a mischievous fire in his eyes.

Luther thought about Professor Madigan's question. 'Should I share my actual goal or not?' Finally deciding, Luther answered "Well, I read that it is a way to protect one's mind. Against Legilimency. It is advised to empty your mind of emotions. That's kind of all I know." Sighing he continued quickly, "I encountered the information about Occlumency while I was searching for... ways to remember things better. And I thought clearing my mind would help."

An interesting comment, "Did something happen on the staircase?" Had Madigan's attention for sure. As for a great place to practice, "Ah... well, you'd definitely need a safe space. There's a few places around the castle.. I'd suggest outdoors near the lake or on the seventh floor in the left corridor for one. There's a multi-purpose room you'd be welcome to use during your free time." It was a great room to find, "But of course, I wouldn't spend all of your free time in there," A small smile just to encourage him to enjoy his time outside of studying as well.

"I see.." Remembering things, a deep topic, "It's quite interesting the subject of Occlumency. On the one hand, your memories will be safe, but on the other when one uses Legilimency on the target deep-seated memories can also come out even ones that the target didn't happen to know they had." Pausing for a moment to let it sink in, "If it's an important memory you're looking to recall, there are some alternative ways you could try as well. A lot of our memories are linked with sounds and smells, hearing a specific music track can bring out an entire scenario in your memory for example." Then adding, "I imagine you're looking for a better solution than a Rememberall?" Those items were nice but not completely helpful since they only shared if you have forgotten something and it was likely the young lad already knew or possessed one.