Thread: Seektober 2022 sweetpinkpixie's chimaera ranch
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

chimera #1
well-intended, but misguided
NURTURING, SQUARE GLASSES, CONFUNDO

[ click for full size ]

The first random draw is always the most nerve wrecking and looking at my spinner after adding all 150 prompts to it was both a delight because of all the possibilities...but also a little scary and overwhelming because...of all the possibilities My first word was 'nurturing', which immediately pulled up imagery of my two rugrats watering the plants on the balcony and getting excited whenever there were new buds or sprouts appearing. Next was 'square glasses', which put my in the direction of drawing an OC wearing glasses and watering a plant. Then I got to 'Confundo' and...well...you can sort of see some of my scribblings underneath my markers, but I played with a few concepts. All of them kept plants in some form (hugging a pot, hugging the Whomping Willow, watering one, etc). I had thought of drawing an OC getting smacked over the head by a magical plant and their glasses being knocked sideways while just barely hanging on to their nose...but then I had this glimpse of one of my first year characters (Anna Walles) and an encounter (perhaps her first) with mandrakes. The poor crying things clearly just need a hug and some additional comfort (like say...a teddy bear) and those tears will surely dry right up, right? Maybe at least the next time she attempts such a thing she will not neglect her earmuffs. And please ignore that I wrote the incantation on my paper and not the spell name. Ink is an unforgiving mistress and I was working on autopilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
I'm just gonna say that I ADORE that idea you have of merging a few prompts!!! I can't wait to swim in all of that creativeness
Thank you, Alicia. The idea was suggested to me by Felix initially when I was debating doing a couple of three color challenges (draw random three markers and away you go). The idea kept rolling around in my head a bit and hitting a few conceptual walls along the way, but this morning I woke up inspired and away we went.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes