Thread: Seektober 2022 Cassirin's Hogwarts Syllabus
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 12:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
The dissendium color palette makes me so happy. They all compliment each other so well and it's so calming to look at.

Likewise on transfiguration! It's amazing how you were able to capture the vibe of your inspiration photo without it being a replica. I love it!
I like how it turned out too. Both of them. I wasn't totally sure about including the inspiration photo, but I like that it lets people know what I was going for. There will definitely be some where people are like "but why did you choose THAT?" and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Okay first, I absolutely love this concept of choosing a color palette for each prompt then creating a mini painting to go along with it. I really love both palettes you created so far. Your transfiguration colors are similar to my branding colors for my business lol, so they're my favorite. But the dissendium palette works so well together too.

I get the paper struggle, though you are handling it quite nicely. Paper quality can make a big difference. I had that issue last year with the paper I was using with my colored pencils. They wouldn't blend as nicely and I just decided to stop torturing myself with that paper.
I do remember the struggle last year! I'm not sure that I can talk myself into giving up on this paper, since I paid money for it and EVERYTHING, but it's going to be pretty limited to working with color like this and nothing where I care at all about how well the paper holds up to water and doesn't drink up color immediately. Slurpy slurp paper monster.

I like that I found colors that remind you of your business branding, though! Dreamy and magical, that's my MJ friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
hi hi it is your fondest enemy speaking

lemme echo mj here real quick because I also loooove your take on completing these prompts, and you know i'm a big fan of exactly the kinds of lil doodle paintings you are doing with the colour palettes you choose. it's all very whimsical in here and I am particularly enamoured with the palette and painting for dissendium and the way the colours are interacting with each other but I definitely get the dreamy magical vibes in transfiguration too

I can't wait to see what else you come up with ;;
Ah, my enemy. You will see many a doodle in here, because that's where I live right now. Doodleburg. I'll have to make sure I impress you with my mad color matching skills... or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Okay, so I am LOVING that you're letting us peek into the palettes and inspirations you choose! Double loving your creativity in the way you create your masterpieces
Peek away! I'm having a very nice time, so thanks for visiting <3.

Day 3 - Cheerful

SPOILER!!: Inspiration Image

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest