View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Freyr
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Water it is, Madigan nodded before fixing up a cup with some cool water from the fridge. "Here you are," Setting it down for him before the Professor took his seat to listen to the young lad. One thing that was remarkable was the contents mentioned of his mother's journals and what they contained.

"Interesting," Madigan noted. "Well, in general focusing on techniques help with casting whether silent or audible," For a start, "When it comes to silent casting, there's another barrier involved. One with suppressing other thoughts and connecting it into a form of reflex." But he did ask for ways to improve, "My suggestion is to focus currently on where you stand with your magic abilities. In your first year many of your classmates as you noticed started off in different levels, some having an earlier advantage before coming to a similar level. This is definitely the time to figure out your strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps your strength is on the wand movement but are challenged with producing the spell or focusing. Whichever comes naturally is the one you must also spend equal amount of time on as well as improving the other skills," Madigan could imagine what he had shared was more or less the same as earlier expressed in his previous lesson. "It wouldn't hurt to try working ahead in your books from what's currently assigned. See how far you can reach and keep pushing. The easier the spells become, the easier time you'll have achieving wordless magic when the time comes."

Now for what was likely the more prominent subject, Occlumency. It did cause one of Madigan's eyebrows to raise. Before he could share though, he had to ask. "Ah.. well, what's your take on Occlumency?" It was important to know his thoughts on the matter if any before going further.

"Thank you, sir." said Luther taking the cup of water and drinking it. "Hogwarts staircases must definitely be someone's torture devices."

Luther intently listened to the Professor's advice. While finding a shortcut was not what Luther wanted, a way to shorten this time would not be unwelcome. "I see, thank you, Professor. Umm, do you mind telling me the best place to practice? I wouldn't want to potentially set my bed up on fire or paralyse my housemates." said Luther with a mischievous fire in his eyes.

Luther thought about Professor Madigan's question. 'Should I share my actual goal or not?' Finally deciding, Luther answered "Well, I read that it is a way to protect one's mind. Against Legilimency. It is advised to empty your mind of emotions. That's kind of all I know." Sighing he continued quickly, "I encountered the information about Occlumency while I was searching for... ways to remember things better. And I thought clearing my mind would help."