View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 08:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Hearing his name, Evan had turned around to offer greeting but.. while he believed he heard Tadhg's voice, he couldn't spot him, so instead his greeting sounded more like a question. "Hello?" Keighley's was a little less confused as she was tangible on the other side of Jude. Ev gave a small smile and an inclinaton of his head her direction. "I'm fine now. Thanks."

A sheepish smile again at the questioning of if he would be chewing notes, and the only honest answer the Ravenclaw could give... was a shrug of his shoulders. "I can't make any promises." But for the sake of the lesson, hopefully not. He was sure all of the odd magical happenings were distracting and driving the poor Professor's mad. Which was also why he didn't offer any other commentary regarding the poltergeist or in response to any of the other comments regarding his unfortunate woolly problem, other than to assure Professor Hernandez at his question. "I feel fine now, sir. Thank you." It did happen rather spontaneously and he'd yet to notice any proceeding patterns but... he felt perfectly normal now and was hoping for that to be the case through the lesson.

Which was off to a rather interesting start. They were talking morals today in Potions?

Considering the questions, Evan was glad to be going a little later to hear the points people made. While the first year's observation that magic itself could not be immoral (something he'd often had to grapple with his early years) was correct, he still didn't believe in Liquid Luck being a normal standard of curriculum. When it came to his turn, Evan stood and made his way towards the front of the class. "I do agree with some of the points the other side made, that magic in itself cannot be immoral, as the immorality would have more to do with the intentions of the user. However, I don't think that means that we shouldn't well... censor I suppose, what is taught in schools. By the some logic of morality, the three Unforgivable Curses are not in of themselves immoral, but we shouldn't learn about those either." He refrained from pointing out as well, that had censorship been more adhered to in the first place... Historically Harry Potter might never have needed to use the Felix Felicis.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start