View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Jude was… troubled. So troubled {and distracted}, he failed to notice the topic of today’s lesson. He quickly approached Hernandez the moment he laid eyes on the man. “Hi, Professor! I hope you’re well.” The Hufflepuff waited a beat then launched into the scenario he wanted to get into. “Um… about our last bit of homework… it um… got eaten… by an alpaca…” Yes. You heard that right! “Actually, the alpaca was Evan! One minute, he was standing there on two legs, no fur. You know, like a NORMAL human, but the next, he had four legs and fur and… well, alpaca Evan snatched the homework I asked him to check out of my hands AND HE ATE IT! I kid you not, Professor!’’

Like… Alpaca!Evan chewed that parchment as though it were doughnuts going out of style!

It was true!!! Gosh, where was that best friend of his?! He’d better not wander in here as an alpaca! Or maybe he should then Hernandez would see that Jude wasn’t lying. Also, the sixth year was worried about the other boy. One did not spontaneously combust into an alpaca normally.
Well that was...certainly an interesting excuse that Javier had never heard before. Not the first thing he had expected to hear as kids started entering the classroom either. He just stared at Jude for a moment and blinked a few times, baffled at what to say.

"He...what?" he asked in confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Strolling into the lesson, his backpack hanging off one shoulder, it took Hooper a moment to actually spot the writing on the blackboard behind the professor’s desk. Then again, he had no idea what liquid luck meant. Must have been some kind of potion, obviously.

“How are you today Professor? Feeling lucky are we?” A small smile on his lips now as he nodded towards the blackboard, his eyes only briefly skimming its contents.

Taking a seat at one of the desks, Hooper began taking out his potions textbook and listened as a sixth-year student (Jude) was talking to the Professor. “An Alpaca? No way. They don’t even like parchment!” He’d heard of the whole dog ate my homework excuse before but this one took the biscuit. “Do we even have Alpaca’s at Hogwarts? Where did it come from”. He wasn’t saying he didn’t believe Jude. He was simply saying…it sounded like a lie.
"Good morning," Javier greeted the next student, Hooper, with a smile. He shook his head at his question and sighed. They were going to have a whole discussion on alpacas before he could get their focus back on the lesson, weren't they? SIGH.

"No, there are no alpacas at Hogwarts,"
he assured him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"Hi, good afternoon." Ash walked into the potions classroom in a good mood, smiling and trailing a couple of bright-colored flowers. She came up behind Jude to ask the professor a few potions related questions, then stopped with a raised eyebrow. "What about Evan?" Her best friend turned into an alpaca??? She didn't think Jude would lie, so... she demanded to know more about this.
Javier was going to say good morning to Ashley as well when he noticed...the flowers behind her. Right. He'd forgotten about that. Hmmm, maybe Jude's story about the alpaca WASN'T as far fetched as he had assumed...there had been so many weird things happening to the kids lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Dark circles were present under his eyes as he entered the potions classroom. He hadn't been getting much sleep lately, with how many hours he had been studying for his OWL exams later in the year. A tired yawn escaped him as he entered the potions classroom for yet another lesson. He hoped that the professor would not hand them out too much homework this time.

Speaking of which... He came to a halt next to a seat, turning to look at Jude. What was he talking about? Evan had become an alpaca? Was it one of the strange powers that a few of the students had developed? If that's the case, Evan sure received a bad deal.

Personally, he could walk on the walls and the ceilings. A useful trick for avoiding people on his way to the next lesson or when he spotted someone he didn't want to see.

He also might have performed some stupid jinxes on unsuspecting students who had not noticed him on the ceiling. Just little things like ripping their bags apart so their books would spill out. However, if somebody asked. He hadn't done it. There was one downside though, there always was. It didn't always work and sometimes objects would stick to his fingers instead.

He yawned again and lazily rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he took a seat and read the text on the blackboard. Liquid Luck.

This should be an interesting lesson.
Javier smiled and nodded at Daniel as he walked in. He could tell the Hufflepuff was tired, though, so he didn't try to engage in conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
Luther entered the potions classroom trying to focus on keeping the glow in his hands as dim as possible. While walking toward one of the stations in front of the Professor's desk, he said "Hello, Professor." and saw the writing on the board. He thought, 'Isn't that the potion Dad wrote that it was a nightmare to prepare? Something felixis.' Then he heard Jude talking about an alpaca actually being a student and eating their homework. It sounded like a prank or a great story, either way, Luther decided to ask his questions later.
"Good morning Mister Starriver," Javier greeted the first year with a soft smile as he entered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Now getting more accustomed to the bubbles, Lisa didn't mind speaking with them. She had grown to ignore them which made her confidence re-blossom. She was here. Ready to conquer all of her OWLS even with an uncontrollable amount of bubbles. Her eyes saw the ingredients on the desk and then the text on the board. Felix Felicis. "Hello Professor Hernandez. Do we get to keep a sample of the potion if we brew it correctly today?" she asked hopefully. Then she went to go find a seat. She did wave and smile to a few people that she knew in the class.

Maybe that could cure the bubbles?

"What about Evan, Jude?" she asked having only heard Ash's question which she repeated because she was equally a curious. She took the seat next to Daniel because she had so MANY questions to ask about his gift. She placed her notebook on the table and pulled out a different one that she kept in her hands. "So... do you have like 'spidey' senses too?"

Please ignore the bubbles that escaped.
Javier had to admit - HE wanted to know about Evan now too. He frowned a little when he saw bubbles escape from Lisa's mouth as she talked - poor kid - but then chuckled a little at her question and shook his head.

"No, unfortunately not. The real potion takes far longer to brew than the time we have in one class period," he explained. Also, he wasn't going to be setting the kids loose with liquid luck in the castle - ESPECIALLY if they were turning into alpacas and whatnot. That was just ASKING for a disaster and for the Ministry to come to his hut with an arrest warrant for child endangerment, he was sure of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
What Evan had not been expecting whilst making his way to Potions, was to hear his own name mentioned a few times as he neared the door, and as he realized the topic of conversation his face burned a bit red as he entered the room - a sheepish smile towards Professor Hernandez. "I uh... Sorry, sir. I did do that. I'm not quite sure why it happened." And if he could stop it from happening again, he probably would. So if Professor Hernandez had any suggestions on that, the Ravenclaw was certainly all ears. He probably should have already gone to see Professor Mancini or his Head of House but... It had seemed there was a lot of quirky things afoot and he wouldn't want to be a bother. The hope had been it would just... Resolve itself.

He glanced at the other students, stifling a groan at the alpaca centric conversation, before following his best friend towards a work station, directing a question at Jude as he did so. "You think we're learning Felix Felicis to stop all the weirdness? Or.. maybe like a Peeves ward?" He was still on edge eating in the great hall. Would prefer to not smell like swamp water.

Before he'd moved along though, hearing Ash's question and concern, Ev paused to give her shoulder a small reassuring squeeze glancing over at Lisa as well to respond to them both. "Nothing to be concerned about." Uh... Hopefully. "Just... Some extra peculiarities. With apparently a warning to also hold onto your homework." Oops?
Ah, the man of the hour.

Javier raised an eyebrow as Evan explained what had happened - as someone who had one been charmed to be a SEAL, he could empathize with the boy. "That's, er, quite alright Mister Nam. I won't hold it against Jude," he assured him before gesturing at him to take a seat. "How are you feeling now?" he asked.

He may have lived in South America for a time but he was NOT prepared to take care of any alpacas today. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Felix Felicis

Now that was an interesting…and complicated potion. And apparently the topic of today’s potions lesson. “Good day, Professor,” Raj greeted the man as entered more fully into the classroom with his satchel slung over his shoulder, heading to an empty workstation. Remembering what had happened in his last class, he held out a hand to check for rain drops as he set his stuff down on the work surface, relieved when he didn’t feel anything.

So far so good…he mused to himself, briefly looking up at the ceiling on the look out for surprises before setting out his cauldron, parchment and quills to be ready. Hopefully all would be good as he didn't need excess water in his potions work.
"Good day to you too," Javi greeted Raj with a smile. With all this talk of alpacas, time was flying and it was nearly time to start the lesson...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
Liquid Luck?

That was intriguing.

Kayla had the same question as Lisa about whether they would get to keep some after the lesson, so she was eager to hear Professor Hernandez's answer to that. She wasn't sure whether such a thing would be a good idea, considering all the risky factors that could occur with a group of magical students. But then again, there were much worse and riskier potions. And who wouldn't mind a bit of luck every now and again?

"Hello, Professor," she greeted him before finding herself a seat near Lisa and Daniel.
"Hello Miss Cloud," Javier greeted the Hufflepuff as he watched her take a seat near her friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
With the help from Lia, Tadhg was starting to get a little bit hang of his powers, although there were times he couldn't control it and just disappeared. Although he was visible for now and was ready for one of his favorite lessons. Walking into the potions dungeon he looked around and nodded at the Professor. " Hello Professor, hope you're well." Although as he said this he disappeared as he walked towards Ash and Evan. "Hey Ash and Evan." Although he blended in with everything, you could see he was there due to him taking out his things.

Looking down he let out a groan, as he noticed he was invisible once again as some would say. "Oh come on, not again! I'm so sorry Professor and everyone, sometimes I can control it sonetimes it comes and goes!" Although he didn't want to go all lesson like this, hopefully it'll wear off maybe just maybe.
Oh Merlin's BEARD.

Keeping the students on track today was going to be nearly impossible, wasn't it?!

Javier watched in horror shock as Tadhg literally just...disappeared right in front of him, but he could see his books and things moving as he talked.

"Ok, it's fine just, uh...move your things around every so often so I know you're still with us," he said. Not that he though the Slytherin would up and leave the lesson randomly, but...it would make HIM feel better to know he was still there, at least...

Javier HAD been scouring his books when he heard about the weird happenings in the school looking for possibly potions or antidotes he could use to help the kids, with no success. Maybe he needed to ramp up his efforts a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
]Bella entered the potions classroom with her potions supplies and textbooks stuffed into her backpack. She was ready for a great lesson with her HoH unless her annoying 'power' made things difficult. Butterflies were pretty to look at, but she was getting tired of them showing up in swarms around her too often for her liking. Pushing some dark strands of hair out of her blue eyes she beamed her best at her professor and HoH after she had read the text on the blackboard. "Hello Professor Hernandez, what an interesting potion you've selected today." And a difficult one too that could have disatorous consquences if brewed incorrectly. Bella was aware of the talk about Evan turning into an alpaca, and saw Tadgh slip in and out of visibility as walked over to claim an empty desk. At least her butterflies didn't hurt anybody.
"That was the idea," Javier said with a grin to Bella as she walked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Keighley was in her own little world lately. A world of sunshine and flowers. Almost literally. At least in the sense of flowers, her bright mood had colorful flowers growing in footsteps. Her blonde hair had flowers braided through it which was becoming more common for her.

Entering the room, a bright smile on her face. "Hello Professor! How are you today?" Having a wonderful like she was she hoped. "Juuuuude!" She giggled taking a shot at a work station near him just in case she needed his help. "Hi, Evan.. how are you feeling?" He looked like he was okay? At least he wasn't an alpaca at the moment, right? Wiggle fingers to everyone else too cause she was in a great mood!

Oooooh! They were going to be brewing Liquid Luck! Keigh set her things down and turned her attention to setting up her station, beautiful flowers springing up here and there as she touched things.
Oh dear, another student with...flowers. He hoped no one had any severe allergies, being confined in this room with all that pollen...

"Hello Miss Anders," Javier smiled at her as she sat down. With that, Javier noted that it was time to begin, so he waved his wand and shut the door, signalling that it was time to begin.

"Good day, class. Now, first things first - I am well aware that some of your classmates are experiencing some...strange symptoms. I just ask that you please do your best to focus on the lesson at hand," he began. Butterflies, bubbles, invisible children, alpacas - it was every teacher's nightmare. "Most important rule, however, is that if you feel at any time your...ailments are making you sick or you don't feel well, PLEASE speak up and come talk to me. Your safety comes first," he added. He wasn't a healer, but he had no qualms about them missing lesson time to go to the healer even on a normal day.

"Now before we begin the brewing portion of the lesson, as I know MANY of you are eager to get to," he paused with a grin. "I have a question I want you all to think about. Is Felix Felicis an ethical potion to brew and use? As you can recall from your previous lessons, sometimes potion brewing and the usage of said potions can raise moral dilemmas, and this potion in particular can be the center of hot debate at times."

"For those of you who do NOT know what Felix Felicis is - another name for it is Liquid Luck," he paused to gesture at the blackboard behind him. "A small dose gives the drinker excellent luck for a short amount of time. Anything they attempt to achieve will be met with success, even if it's not in the manner in which they expected. I truly do mean just about anything. Exams, Quidditch matches, putting money in the stock market, asking out the girl of your dreams...these are just a few examples. You can see where there might be some moral issues with using this potion for personal gain. The most famous use of this, naturally, is Harry Potter's use of it during his sixth year at Hogwarts, where he was able to extract a memory from Horace Slughorn about Horcruxes to aid him in his fight against Voldemort, which many argue is a perfectly good and reasonable use of this potion."

"So I ask you this - is Felix Felicis an ethical potion to brew and use? If you think there is no problem with it at all, please stand and head to the BACK of the classroom," he instructed. "If you feel Felix Felicis is immoral to use and shouldn't be taught or brewed, please come to the front of the class. You MUST pick a side, and you MUST state your reasoning why you picked that side when you stand up," he added. "We will go one at a time, starting on this end," he explained before gesturing to the first student in the row, giving them to OK to begin the activity.

OOC: Ok, you heard the man! Pick a side on the Felix Felicis debate - and as he said, you MUST pick a side, no in between gray area here for the moment at least. You will have at least 36 hours to complete this bit before we move on. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid