Thread: Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 11:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Evan :')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
When it was your favorite food on the line, knowing the ingredients themselves was pretty easy - maybe outside of the spices. And while his mind was probably decently okay with memorization of instructions too, much like in potions there's no way he'd ever be comfortable free forming it. There was a great comfort in having the steps written down before you. It was assurance of doing what you were supposed to. Wouldn't it have been nice if life had one of those too?

Evan smiled at the thanks and gave a nod of his head. "Making sure you drink a glass of water is like.. the bare minimum of repayment I could do for how much you've had to look out for me." It was a small smile, but fully sincere. Evan wasn't blind to the fact he had to have been difficult to be a friend too, with how hard of a time he'd always had letting people in. Jude had always gotten the farthest, and Evan was most comfortable with him. But he wasn't a fool, and the more relaxed he felt this term and had an easier time with others, he also realized how difficult of a time it must have been for Jude. As the next instruction was given, Evan nodded his head in understanding, abandoning his manual peeling to let the spellwork take over while he cut those that were finished into the instructed quarters. "Like this?" He looked for clarification a couple of potatoes in, just in case. He continued on with his work, chuckling softly at Jude's tease before shaking his head. "My brain only was successful with OWLs because I ate, slept and breathed studying. It wasn't healthy and I probably would not recommend to anyone." Nor was he planning on replicating the performance for NEWTs, even if that meant less than perfect scores. "Besides, you did really well on your OWLs as it is."

Jude was surprised, and a little thrown. It was often… okay fine, there hadn’t been instances where Evan had expressed himself so candidly. At least not with the Hufflepuff. It also hit him that Evan really did realise how much Jude had been looking out for him. It was… gratifying, heartwarming. Yes, there had been so many times when he felt as though he was losing his best friend to all the things that consumed him, or when Jude felt as though he was never doing enough to help Evan. The memory that stuck to him the most was their talk in the Aviary a few terms ago, when Jude had first suggested that Evan have a talk with his parents. “It’s what best friends do,’’ Jude replied, returning the smile with one of his own. It was then that Jude understood what was happening: Evan was changing - for the better. The realisation stunned him because he knew with all his heart that the old Evan - the version he knew - would not have said something like that. FINALLY. IT. WAS. HAPPENING. Jude had been waiting for this, wanting the bestie to be the best, happiest version of himself. Being the empath that he was, Jude wanted to tear up. Out of sheer happiness, of course.

The Hufflepuff hastily turned away, swiping at his eyes to get rid of the tears that had been pooling there before they could spill over. Yeah, he didn’t want to ruin the good time he and Evan were having because he couldn’t keep himself from getting overemotional as always. He blinked rapidly before turning back to the Ravenclaw. “Yup, you got it, Ev! Once they’re all done, you can add them to the water.” Jude headed over to the nearest oven, where he proceeded to do the necessary to get it preheated. “That’s true. Gosh, you’re such a nerd.’’ He was still teasing because there was nothing wrong with being a nerd. “I’m awfully proud of your grades. I mean, it’s not everyone who gets to say their bestie got perfect grades at a major exam!” Now his attention was on a pan as he lit a flame beneath it. It was time to saute those veggies! “Thanks! I did my best!” Given all that he had had going on in his life at the time.

With a wooden spoon, the sixth year melted some butter in the pan then added the onions.

And just for the fun of it…

While waiting for those onions to cook, Jude casually used his want to fling a piece of chopped carrot at Evan’s head. This was followed a single pea. Hoping that Evan hadn’t noticed his actions, he turned back to the stove, pretending as though he hadn’t just assaulted the seventh year in the head with two pieces of veggies.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺