View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 12:18 AM   #118 (permalink)
kayquilz
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: Replying to Hoops first, for sanity purposes, then Javiiii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
You would think that after having been teaching here for over three terms now, Javier wouldn't be surprised when a student showed up at his hut and said "Hey, Professor, come quick, some of the kids in History of Magic are turning into chickens!" and yet he was still shocked every. single. time. How did these kids continue to get themselves into these messes?? Grabbing some generic antidote potions that would hopefully do the job, he'd grabbed his potions bag and followed Mr. Luck down to where Holden was holding his class.

"I hear we have some students who...oh for Merlin's sake," he grumbled as he laid eyes on the pair who were currently sprouting feathers all along their arms. Giving Holden an exasperated look of apology for crashing the lesson, he wandered over to them and plopped down next to them. He hated to interrupt their study time, but...they had feathers growing out of their arms. They kind of needed to tend to that.

"Tell me everything about what you've ingested recently before this started happening, and when it started. Now," he instructed as he started fiddling around in his bag for some things. Hopefully the antidotes he brought would do the trick but he had to know more about HOW they got to this point to know if it would work or not!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
It wasn’t that Hooper didn’t think Arden had a valid point because she did, everything was just so much cooler if it was super dangerous. The more danger, the braver someone had to be and more character they had to show. “I guess. I mean it doesn’t have to be deadly but maybe appear to be deadly? Like a ruse maybe? What about we make the task appear to be deadly but in reality, it’s more of a puzzle under pressure?” The cooking competition on top of the mountain did sound deadly though and the start of a good idea but it just…sounded boring! There was no magic in cooking. It was just a muggle skill! Not really worthy of a Triwizard tournament task in his opinion.

Before he could argue this further however, Arden had leaned in and started whispering. Not wanting to miss whatever it was that she was mumbling, Hooper gave a shifty glance around before leaning closer to her, his back towards the professor and the other students. Listening intently, Hooper considered the likely hood of her ideas as she spoke but was hesitant to answer at first. Eventually, he whispered back, “I mean, we could have been poisoned at any point really. It’s just strange that we both woke up like this. Why us?” Turning for a moment at the mention of Milo’s name, Hooper’s eyes settled on the boy for a moment over his shoulder before he turned back to Arden. “I woke up like this too. It seems a bit of a stretch though. Wouldn’t house elves have rules to follow? I mean, even if they had to follow some like to poison someone, you’d think they could say no to some things like positioning students or they wouldn’t be allowed here”.

Turning suddenly as he heard the voice of another adult, Hooper gave a small start as Healer Hernandez strode towards the group through the maze. Upon being questioned, Hooper quickly shoved his hands in his pocket and looked down, his foot instantly cooking the grass underneath him. Obviously they were going to be blamed for this. “We didn’t do this! We both just woke up like this sir. I don’t know about Arden but I’ve only ever had food from the great hall so unless the house elves have poisoned us, I have no idea why this has happened,” a slightly annoyed yet frazzled look across the third year Gryffindor’s face. After shooting a shifty over at Arden, he continued quickly, “Whoever did this must have been useless anyway. If it was some kind of potion or poison or whatever, it didn’t work.” Inspiration struck as he finally put two and two together to get four. “If it isn’t a house elf, it must surely be a Gryffindor and they must be useless at potions.”

Arden found NOTHING wrong with not using magic. Magic wasn't everything right????

But she nodded as he whispered back, her eyes roaming around the room, too. "Yeah....why us? What did we do? Maybe someone doesn't hate us, but is going to target MORE people, and we're just their first target." Arden was under the impression no one in the whole world could dislike her. She was Arden Toros! She was nice and cool and KIND and could sing and loved hugs and reptiles and had a plushie in her backpack EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS 13 ok? SO like...if someone didn't like her, Arden wasn't sure she could cope with it!

Except Remy. Well actually....Arden WOULD be offended if Remy didn't like her, and she supposed that's why she got so upset whenever Remy had been rude to Hoops lately, and by extension, her. It was...it was...hard. "Maybe it wasn't house elves but.....I can't see anyone we know would ever do this to us. Maybe there's an EVIL VILLAIN out there targeting kids. That is the most logical." It wasn't, but to Arden it sure was!

And that was when the healer arrived, and Arden straightened up, her eyebrows furrowed >:0 in a perfect V formation as she did her best to not look embarrassed.

And he was being rude, too.

It made Arden put her hands on her hips. "We didn't do this ourselves....." she trailed off, unable to comprehend why this adult would take that tone with them. Her lower lip quibbled, something she ALSO wasn't used to in public, and she really just wanted this to be over. Could she sink into the ground now?

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin