View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 05:38 PM   #115 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Even if the IMPS basically fell under recent history, only being an event that happened sixteen years ago and both he and Karleigh were wee little one year olds, Henry knew there was a lot more they ought to know outside the stuff they learned in class. If there was anything Henry learned about history in general, it was that nobody can never get a full account of anything because not every detail could be recorded with that much accuracy. There's just always more. "Maybe? I guess aside from how awful it'd be to see a loved one almost frozen inside a locked cage, I wouldn't be surprised if there had been any cheating to be honest." Henry doubted the 1994 Triwizard Tournament was cheat-free, like most competitions unfortunately. Such is the world they lived in, with some people already a dozen steps ahead in the uneven playing field. "Only Miss Gray can tell us." The Hufflepuff imagined Miss Valerie Gray turning into some kind of celebrity again this summer, following this lesson, if students came visiting her shop to ask about the competition. She'd probably hate it. Henry would, if he had to relive repressed memories.

Before Henry could mentally deep-dive into his imaginative thoughts, he was able to catch himself and bring himself back to the task at hand. Compassion was definitely something he would also like to see from any competition, considering with the world right now could really use some (read: so much) of it. "Compassion and creativity together, I like that," the Hufflepuff agreed with a smile. He had also taken a moment to retrieve his notebook and self-inking quill so he could jot down their ideas. Compassion... creativity... magical skill... outside the box. The unicorn suggestion came mostly as an afterthought for Henry, but he also knew that Karleigh liked the creature so he was glad he had mentioned it, even if it hadn't been intentional. "We gotta make the unicorn the star of the show!" It was a must now!

With that, Henry wrote a big 'UNICORN' on the page and even drew a star around it, taking centre stage in their hypothetical tournament task. The more their plan seemed to become more solid, the more hyped he was as he wrote more stuff down his notebook. "I love the idea of having clues. Perhaps there could also be a lot of forks in the path or hedges, and they'd have to tell which animal footprints are the unicorn's, along with another neat clues that'd test how quickly they'd make a decision. Hopefully the right one." Also Henry wasn't always a fan of danger. It was thrilling as a concept now, but he'd hate the real stress of it all. He wouldn't want to die in a silly competition, okay! "Simulation! Yes, I like that better than real danger. Maybe just something that would push the contestant forward," Henry said, looking down at his scribbled up page of ideas and thinking. It had 'maze', 'unicorn hair', and 'time limit' written down along with the previous ideas. "Aha! What about some kind of mist? It would slowly and creepily make its way around the maze, which the contestant needs to avoid, but it's not actually dangerous mist. It's just normal mist, but they wouldn't know that so they'd think it's a huge threat, enough to make someone run when they see it. And for compassion, maybe once they locate the unicorn, they'd have to be patient and understanding with it before they can approach because I can only imagine how stressed the unicorn would be or something?" Compassion definitely extended for creatures too, and all beings at that. Somehow this entire task idea they've created so far was both exciting AND truly bonkers. How fun.
"Yeah.. That would be pretty awful," Karleigh said slowly, agreeing with a nod. She couldn't imagine what that would even be like to see any of her favorite people locked away in that state and knowing that their safety depended on her skill. Maybe Valerie Gray didn't need anything more than that to have the tournament leave a bad taste in her mouth. "Hopefully she wouldn't mind us talking to her," she added, already thinking of ways that she could run into her while working over the summer. Even if that was months away.

But right, yes, the task at hand now... best to not get too off course. "Compassion and creativity," she echoed Henry, agreeing with another nod. "Our task is going to be different and unique." And therefore superior, or at least pretty awesome! Because this Gryffindor was sure most people were going to focus on the danger aspect of the tournament, since it was so flashy. "Yes!" Karleigh squealed a bit when her cousin agreed to make the unicorn the star and was even more pleased with the all caps and star treatment. This was really going to be a cool task after all. How could they go wrong with a unicorn?? But she was so glad that Henry was on board with her ideas too.

She was also completely fine with Henry taking the notes for their mini group and she nodded enthusiastically as she listened to all his points. "Yes, I like having those clues too.. different animal footprints that they'd have to identify and find out which ones are the unicorn's.. and unicorn hair too." Could she think of anything else that would point towards unicorn or trick someone away? Hmm. "Mist is a great idea!" she added as her cousin explained his thinking there. "It seems dangerous, but it doesn't have to be. Maybe there are screams or scary sounds coming from it that aren't actually anything, but the contestants think it's something dangerous?" It was a suggestion. "Right! Because unicorns can be hesitant around people too, so they'd definitely have to show patience and understanding to approach.." She thought some more. "What if the contestants have the option of working together or alone... and what they don't know is that working together is part of the compassion test!" She wasn't sure exactly what that would look like, but she was pretty sure that would be tricky because most people would just want to WIN, which would leave the others behind.

Maybe that was all the thinking they could really do though because Professor Holden was calling for them to move on. Wait... they had to actually try this out? Karleigh glanced at Henry. She wasn't sure if they really finalized their task, plus... they didn't have a unicorn or mist, did they? Maybe they could just pretend. "Well, we're already in the maze.." she began to Henry. "I suppose we can do something of a run through.. and just pretend there is the other stuff. I can tell you when it's there, if you want to be the one to try out!" Or she could, if he'd rather. It didn't matter either way to her.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line