Thread: Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 10:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Jude's No. 1! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

Evan just grinned at him in response - not at all minding that he would be actually doing the majority of the work. Wasn't that the point anyways? He was supposed to be the one learning, which would mean hands on practice. Ev had noticed the change in himself as well, and it was entirely welcomed. He felt... lighter at Hogwarts, this year in particular. And after years of chipping away at it, he no longer felt the resentment about the magical part of his life. There had been enough good now between him and the room that'd he'd been able to separate his anger and fear and realize there was benefits to this part of his life as well.

Glancing at the water glasses at the question, Evan took his and downed it before looking back at the Hufflepuff. "Do you?" Before pointedly looking at the other glass as well. Potato peeling? The bane of his existence. But at least there was spells for that. Grabbing a large bowl, Evan filled it with water so he could rinse all the potatoes off before dividing them into a handful for him to complete by hand, and casting a spell to have the others working automatically. Naturally, the first thing he had made sure to master over the summer with the trace no longer on him was things to make life at home easier. If he was going to have magic, might as well capitalize on it. "A generous soul you are." It was said teasing, but also meant it. The sting of onions was not one of Evan's favorite things.

At least they were on the same page about Evan doing the majority of the work. Jude wouldn’t put it past the other boy to use that Ravenclaw brain of his to memorise the ingredients and instructions anyway. Truthfully, Jude wasn’t sure why he hadn’t mentioned those changes to Evan as yet. He supposed he didn’t want to make things weird between them by getting too sentimental. He knew though that he wouldn’t be able to keep the words he wanted to say too much longer to himself; keeping something positive about someone else quiet was not something he could do. Especially when it came to Evan. If his best friend only knew how long he had been waiting to see this side of him… And while Jude had loved that solemn, reserved version of Evan, he knew he would grow to love this more relaxed version. He had meant what he had told Evan two summers ago, he had loved him at his worst. Therefore, he would love him at his best too. Jude was here for Evan being the best version of himself.

Um… “No, I didn’t.” Chuckling, Jude grabbed the glass. “Thanks for looking out for me.” He downed half of the glass since it was all he could manage at that point; the rest would be downed sometime shortly. He then watched for a bit as Evan used magic to get things going with the potatoes. Really, the bestie was not bad with the spells; Jude was impressed. “So, they have to be cut in quarters when they’re done being peeled.” Waving his own wand and muttering an incantation, the Hufflepuff got another knife working on peeling and chopping the onion. “I know,’’ he commented brightly. Yes, this guy knew his worth. While all those things were being done, he filled a pot with enough water that would cover the potatoes and set a flame under it. Sometime after, when the water was heated, a teaspoon of salt was added and dissolved. Jude explained all of this to Evan carefully as they worked. “Think that big brain of yours got all that information? Who am I kidding? I bet it did!” He pretended to be grumpy now. “You should have lent it to me for OWLs. I would have scored all Os like you did!”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺