View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 08:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

The arrival of his peers, and the slight greetings offered by his fellow seventh years and a rather outgoing first year, all received returned smiles from Evan - despite no verbal response being given as well. Holden's own question to him was not further elaborated on, as Evan knew the lesson was about to be underway and he didn't want to take any time from the activities planned on simple pleasantries - even if with one of his favorite Professor's.

Once they moved on, Evan chuckled a bit at the show from the Goblet of Fire - which really had been nothing but there for the ~ experience ~. That, and a brilliant ploy from the Professor to determine which it was of his students that needed the most surveillance throughout the term. Honestly, ingenious, and should Evan actually pursue the Professor route he would undoubtedly be harboring this tactic in his pocket for future use. Wiping some confetti off from his shoulder, he began to move his feet forward to follow the rest of the class into the hedge maze.

Ev listened thoughtfully at the answers being offered, agreeing with each in regards to the tournaments being used specifically to foster the relationships between different parts of the magical worlds. IMPS was not something he'd ever studied much on, but the TriWizard Tournament was a fascinating piece of history that he'd researched prior so his brain kept moving back to that. Collecting his thoughts, Evan raised his hand. "I agree the primary reasons for competitions such as the ones we're talking about today was for magical cooperation. But I think they also can be distraction. Historically speaking, I'm not sure who exactly was the parties in charge of implementing the TriWizard tournmanet the year it was, as you could probably try to draw corruption conspiracies based on the fact the tournament itself was used as a primary tool in bringing Voldemort back to power." But... he was not actually trying to be a conspiracy theorist. "But what I like to think was one of the reasons it happened when it did, was there was still so much fear and unrest from the Quidditch World Cup that summer and the attacks that happened there, that the tournament was used to soothe and distract all members of the Wizarding World and try to give some semblance of normalcy again." After all, hadn't each of the regions of the Cup had members there at the time of the Death Eater attacks?

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start