Thread: Portfolio: My Patronus Is My Art
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 05:56 AM   #88 (permalink)
Uncle Moose
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Default Ultimate Yumeki!
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
I love all of these most recent pieces, Jay! That red suit is SNAPPY and your drawing of body shapes is really impressive. I especially like that you share your process, because it is fascinating to see how the works develop over time.
Thank you Ern I think that comes from all the charcoal figure drawing I had to sit stand through when I went to college.

Photos!: scrapped attempt
This was my first try at an the idea I had to show of Yumeki in all his glory. Below will have the piece I settled with and finished.
Photos!: Finale Process
There was a lot I was not feeling right with on the first attempt. Yumeki's face didn't feel like Yumeki, the Lion merged with the Cherry Blossom petals looked more like a wolf, and I talked myself down from a Kappa Patronus to a Sea Turtle. I also altered his pose. His Arm extending the wand to the air I bent just a bit instead of a straight stick-up. It shows a bit more motion like he's performing the spell. And I managed to do what I originally wanted with his other hand carrying his bokken sword behind his back resting on his shoulders. Just had to look up a ton of references until I could find the right position In needed. I also swapped him out of his school uniform. I was going to do a kind of combo of him mixing his Himatsumahou Uniform and Hogwarts Uniform, but changed my mind to have him in a more casual outfit. I haven't really shown him off outside of his school uniforms, casual wear, or his Kendo gear.
Photos!: Ultimate Yumeki
The Final Product. The Moon represents his connection to his Japanese School, Himatsumahou. He was a part of the White Kumi House their mascot being the goddess Tsukuyomi. The Lion is his connection to Hogwarts and Gryffindor. I wanted to show off more of who Yumeki was by incorporating Cherry Blossom petals. One of the things Yumeki did often at Himatsumahou was sleep beneath the Cherry Tree of Eternal Blossom like a Japanese Rip Van Winkle. His T-Shirt has the Kanji for Cherry Blossom (Sakura) written on it as well. More noticable is that the Lion himself is taking form out of the cherry blossoms. The final things about this is his Patronus is a look into the future. As he has not yet performed the spell, but if he were to do it. His corporeal patronus would take the shape of a Loggerhead Sea Turtle. The shell of the sea turtle gives off the presence of a shield. Which is the Defense Yumeki will need as he is so dedicated to training in his Sword martial arts.