Thread: Middle Cars
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 10:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Emzily

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

SPOILER!!: “Violet and Ash”
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet hadn't managed to find any of the people she really wanted to talk to on this final journey home on the Hogwarts Express and she just didn't have the appetite for anything from the food trolley, so in the end, she chose a compartment in one of the middle cars at random and walked in. There was only one other girl there--Remy, a fourth or fifth year Gryffindor she didn't know all that well. But, the girl had books with her, albeit she seemed to be using them as a footstool rather than reading them. That was promising, at least.

"It's really inconvenient that they seem to design all seats for tall people, isn't it?" Violet commiserated with the other girl. Being just barely average height herself, she knew well the discomfort caused by not being able to put your feet squarely on the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash, late for the train, just hopped onto the middle and found a random compartment to sit in. She was pleasantly surprised to find Violet(We need to talk before she leaves, I have a present) and Remy(we haven't talked in a bit, I should fix that). She sat down in an unoccupied seat and smiled. "Hey you two. Mind if I sit here?" She found no problem with the seats, but it wasn't her place to tell other people what they ought to think.

The ride was starting get a little bumpy which wasn’t providing the greatest of comfort in the position she was in. She did often doze off on the train, particularly when she was alone, but something was niggling in the back of her head today. It hadn’t been a particularly eventful term in Remy’s personal life, but it still felt like some sort of rite of passage. Weird. She kind of wanted to cry about it.

Remy jumped as someone had swiftly joined her and interrupted her thoughts. A seventh year, at that. She smiled, although a little shyly around the older student. They seemed to have that affect on Remy, despite her ranking getting higher each term with her increasing age(!) Their comment did slightly confuse her, before realising that Violet must have assumed that she was too short to reach the floor. Remy soon showed her otherwise. “Oh, no, I can reach…” she gestured to said feet that were now planted on the floor, before returning them to the stack of books. “I was just resting my feet.” Because placing them on the ground was, apparently, exhausting.

Her recently empty compartment was now filling with people who she didn’t usually converse with, but she didn’t mind all that much, mostly because Remy had always thought highly of Ash in particular. “Hiiii, of course you can!” The soon-to-be EX fourth year sat up a little straighter and even placed her feet back on the ground in the presence of elders. “Did you both enjoy the dance?” She may or may not be digging to see what these two had been up to during the event.

_______mirrors start to whisper, shadows start to sing