Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 02:42 AM   #54 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Jude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Jude let out a hearty chuckle - both at Evan’s response and at the face. The latter was one he had seen many times so he was used to it. Not to mention he knew Evan well enough to tell he was joking. Truly the Hufflepuff wasn’t worried about his feet and for sure he wasn’t going to let Evan look clueless on this lovely dance floor. At the mention of Lisa and Maya, Jude scanned the place and found the Nam girls quite easily. “They both look rather nice,’’ he observed. Just like Keighley and Reagan did! “Okay, got ya,’’ was the response to the spins, along with another chuckle.

Oh, this fifth year had a lot on his mind. Could he use a Pensieve right about now? You bet he could. He supposed the fact that he was this happy after a long time did a lot to keep him afloat and from drowning in said thoughts. Lisa… when it came to Lisa, Jude would always be there for her, even before he had promised her that, it was true. She reminded him of Keigh so much; it was difficult not to think of her as a third sister. Don’t get him wrong, he cared a lot about Maya too. It was impossible not to care for his best friend’s sisters. Jude kept his eyes on Evan as they continued to move along to the music. Despite Jude being fully aware of their movements as he led them, he suspected that Evan might not be as aware of them as the processed all Jude had told him. That was fine; it just meant that to anyone looking at them, Evan would seem a natural dancer.

Jude didn’t push the other boy for a response. He just needed his friend to know that he still mattered so much to him, and always will. The Hufflepuff had made up his mind about what he wanted to do, it still came as a blow to see Evan nod in agreement. It was the same to hear his words. He forced the hurt away and forced a smile. “He does.” Jude saw that very clearly. “I’ll… see where it goes.” If things didn’t work out between him and Davet, he reckoned that he’d simply put his full attention into his career. He felt himself choke up a bit and hastily cleared his throat. “That means a lot, Ev,’’ Jude replied earnestly. “I also need you to know that you’ll still be my best friend. We’ll still do all the things we do together. Studying, listening to music, dancing, you teaching me how to rap and me making a fool of myself…’’ He couldn’t help but laugh quietly at that last one. All this was his way of letting Evan know that they were stuck as BFFs and that no sort of relationship with anyone else could ever change that. The Ravenclaw wouldn't feel the pain of losing another bestie.

"I think that might be what concerns me the most." He'd quickly quipped back, turning to look at his sisters as well. It appeared Maya had come with a date which... he supposed that was bound to happen eventually. Mai was already 16 and soon to be a legal adult as well. Merlin, wasn't THAT a weird idea. And Lees wouldn't be far behind.

Truthfully, Ev had no idea how things would progress with Davet and Jude merely because his time around them had been minimal, but Jude was someone who deserved every shot at happiness he could get from someone. "I hope the best for you both. Truly." The reassurance of their friendship still being important was... honestly a relief for the Ravenclaw to hear, and he was certain his smile reflected that as he gave small nod. Primarily in gratitude, really. "I appreciate that. But I also understand that sometimes friendships change when one person has a partner to prioritize, and that's okay. I think I've learned enough in our friendship by now to know we can figure it out through whatever adaptations come. So don't worry about me. Truly. I'm here whenever, but I also know how to give space if you and Davet need it to figure out whatever this is between you." The small intrusive thoughts or not, at the end of the day Ev was pretty certain in their friendship.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start