Thread: Shrieking Shack
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
Merlin, the reputation on Hogwarts and the surroundings having secrets was no exaggeration. "They allow.. werewolves in the school?" He blinked at that. That was fascinating to Caes, who wondered if there were any currently attending.
"Well, they did at least once--that's what they say. It was Remus Lupin, one of the people who fought in the war against Voldemort. He's supposed to have gone to Hogwarts when he was a boy, and that was before they even had Wolfsbane potion! Of course, that was Headmaster Dumbledore, who was said to be rather eccentric, or so I've read." Violet had of course read Hogwarts, a History, trying to find out more about the school when she first started attending. Now she mainly read it to get story ideas. "I don't know if they still do that--if they did, I expect they'd keep it a secret. Though now that we have Wolfsbane potions, it wouldn't be as dangerous, so I doubt they still use this place. At least, not for that." Though who knew what other strange things went on in the Shack over the years. After all Violet had seen at Hogwarts, she wouldn't be surprised at anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
Looking out at the Shack brought a breeze into the air, was he getting goosebumps from the sight alone or from being so close to someone he considered a friend. That he really, really liked. "Violet, thanks for suggesting this place." One of the eighteen-year-old's rare smiles, with his teeth actually visible kind of smile. "I'm.. glad that you're here with me."
Violet suddenly felt herself blushing, which was not something she commonly did. Though the air was cold, she herself felt uncommonly hot--she must've worn too many sweaters under her cloak. Or was it because Caes was standing rather close to her just now. This was odd, because Violet had never felt so uncomfortable around Einar, the only other boy she'd really 'dated,' if you could call that brief holiday romance and subsequent letter-writing 'dating' exactly. "Oh, well, I'm glad you like it. I was trying to think of things I thought you'd like. Not that I know all about you or anything like that. I like to go to the more unusual places myself." Wait, did he just say he was glad she was her with him? Like, her in particular? That was, that was like a compliment, wasn't it? So, she should say something in return, probably. "I'm...I'm glad, too. That you came up here with me, I mean." Maybe, just maybe, Violet might dare to show Caes one of her stories some day.