Thread: Shrieking Shack
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 01:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet had just put a handful of her new favorite treat, chocolate covered coffee beans, into her mouth when Caes offered her a Sugarquill. She didn't want to refuse him, but then again, it might look like she was greedy if she took another candy when her mouth was already full. She finally decided on her fallback response, the noncommital "Mmmmmmph", which was not too hard to manage with a mouth full of coffee beans, which she also gestured to as if to say, "Love to, but my mouth is full right now." She tried to get rid of her mouthful (but coffee beans are not that easy to chew quickly), and when she was finally able to swallow it, she decided to answer his question instead. "The Shrieking Shack, yes. I think I said it was supposed to be one of the most haunted houses in Britain. Though I think it got that reputation because there was supposed to have been a Hogwarts student who was a werewolf, long ago, and they let him stay there during the Full Moon and people would hear the howling and scratching, and so they thought it was haunted. But...people have died there, too, supposedly, so I suppose it may really be haunted. It certainly looks like it ought to be, at any rate." Violet hoped this location was a good choice, but Caes seemed to be one who was up for the unusual and slghtly daring.

Caes tried to not laugh at how full Violet's mouth appeared to have been as soon as he had offered, cueing his knowing smirk. He instead took it into his own mouth to lightly chew on so it didn't go to waste. Listening to the history on the Shrieking Shack was quite a tale. The stuff of legends, least from the impression it gave.

Merlin, the reputation on Hogwarts and the surroundings having secrets was no exaggeration. "They allow.. werewolves in the school?" He blinked at that. That was fascinating to Caes, who wondered if there were any currently attending. Looking out at the Shack brought a breeze into the air, was he getting goosebumps from the sight alone or from being so close to someone he considered a friend. That he really, really liked. "Violet, thanks for suggesting this place." One of the eighteen-year-old's rare smiles, with his teeth actually visible kind of smile. "I'm.. glad that you're here with me."