View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 02:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
kayquilz
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: Mercer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Mercer was pretty keen for Potions class, even if his attention to detail wasn't as sharpened as his excitement over handling interesting ingredients. Dried bugs. Eyeballs. Cool goopy stuff that stunk. Sometimes things blew up. Potions was awesome.

He paused in the door, looking for his M-cubed squad, and when they didn't immediately present themselves, he dropped into the seat beside a girl his age with hair like tiny bushes poking out of the sides of her head. Very cool. "Hi. You have neat hair. I don't have enough hair to do those little ponytail things, but if I did...." He shoved up his hair into two tiny, nubby tails. "What do you think?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Mercer perked up at Milo's voice and waved as his friend before pointing out Arden's hair-bushes. Ominous, even for a not-Hufflepuff, right? Or not really ominous. PORTENTOUS. It meant something.

"If I couldn't talk, I could still write. And my face says a lot without even needing words. My mum says I have expressive eyes. Maybe my eyeballs can talk." He waggled his eyebrows.

Arden was veeeeeeery pleased when the boy in her year, Mercer??? sat next to her and complimented her VERY curly hair-ball pigtails. "Thank you. I think they look nice, too." She beamed and nodded proudly. "They certainly don't look anything like mine, but that isn't a bad thing. They still look cute - " she poked one of his hair nubs and giggled.

What a depressing way to start the lesson, though. LOSING YOUR VOICE? NOT SPEAK? Arden would rather die! How awful! She loved her own voice - she loved HEARING her own voice?! What could be worse than losing your ability to talk than losing your ability to hear?! Arden thought about it a little and decided she would RATHER lose speaking than hearing. Because with speaking you could just, like, learn sign language or WRITE but hearing?!!!! THAT MEANT NO MORE MUSIC.

"I think that might make magic MIGHTY hard. Only the BEST witches and wizards can do nonverbals, right?!" Was what she decided to share as SOOOOON as she was called on.

And she DID notice Mercer pointing at her hair, and she turned to see WHO he was gesturing about her to. Milo Evans. Also in her year. Arden sent him a wave and a grin. A lopsided one.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin