Thread: SS: A Magical Escape Room
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 01:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
littledhampir

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Ramsey
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Maggie glanced around, making sure there weren’t any overly confused faces in the crowd. Seeing no questions, she smiled at them all. “Alright, if there are no more questions I will begin with the story of the room. Imagine that you are eleven years old. You got your Hogwarts letter a few months ago and you have been looking forward to this moment ever since. It’s September first, and you board the Hogwarts Express. You don’t remember most of the journey, because you fell asleep in your compartment. When you wake up, you’re not quite sure where you are. You’re in a grassy courtyard somewhere. You better figure out how to get into the castle or you might get in trouble. Or worse, you’ll miss the feast!” Maggie glanced over the group again, making sure they were all still following. “And now you can follow me to the room,” She led them out of the waiting area and down a hallway where there was a door at the end of the hall. She opened it and ushered them in. “Good luck.”

--

The room you enter is a very realistic looking courtyard, clearly put together with a bit of magic. On one end are a few trees, the beginning of a forest. In the middle of the courtyard is a large fountain. It has a stone statue of a mermaid in the middle, with water cascading down around her. Situated around the fountain are a few benches. A shabby trunk sits on the ground next to one of them. A few feet from the fountain is a stone statue of a man. The door that you came in magically seals behind you. Next to it sits a red mailbox.

SPOILER!!: How this will work

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to see so many people wanting to play. I don't know exactly how this will go but I'm excited to try it out with you. Here's how this is going to work:

Have your characters investigate or interact with anything in the room. If you want to investigate something I will post any additional details about it if there are any, or say that you can't find anything else from it. If you want to interact with something (combining objects, opening a lock once you've found a code, etc.) have your character do it and I will post letting you know what happens as a result (if the lock opens, if you accidentally blow it up, etc.). Like Cassie said, feel free to use magic but try not to break my game please XD Have fun and let me know if you have any questions!