Thread: Great Hall
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 02:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Shrugging, Ignacio put his sandwich back down on the plate. He was giving up on that for now, because conversations with Kinsay were more important. See, he was good at all this friend malarkey. And he needed to EXPLAIN his disaster, so she didn't just un-invite him completely from any future parties. "'Cause, like, I'd just end up trying all of the food. And then there wouldn't be any left for the actual party," he explained. Whilst he would be confident enough to say the food was good, there would be nothing to back him up.

And he might make himself ill and miss the party entirely, which was another disastrous outcome, but he wasn't going to share that. It was kind of gross, and he didn't want Kinsay to think he was gross, or WORSE - to tell Nerina that he was gross.

Ig watched her squish the doughballs, resisting the urge to rescue them from under her hands. He was distracted by her agreement, though, his dopey grin looking even brighter and dopier than usual. "Yeah? Fantastic," he managed, whilst refraining from clapping his hands together like a giddy child. As long as Kinsay agreed that Nerina would love it, he was happy. And it meant more time with friends, and maybe new friends, which was always a good thing. As for who.... Well, he'd kind of been hoping that Kinsay would figure that part out.

But he could have a go, right? So, face screwed up a little in concentration, he ticked some people off his fingers. "Um, I think Nerina would like Gideon there, right?" Get the awkward one out of the way first. Merlin knew Gideon didn't like Ignacio, and who could BLAME him. "You, obviously." Kinsay was a given, did she know? "Christianna, Lumi, Sammy & Evan..." he had to include his dormmates, of course. "Maybe Valentina?" He didn't know how friendly she was with Kinsay and Nerina, but she was his friend, so. "Anyone else?"

Eying his sandwich again, Ignacio nodded. "Agreed. I wish it was the other way around, you know? School as short as summer, summer as long as school." He wasn't sure if it made sense to her, but it made sense in his head and therefore he'd said it aloud. About to ask how she'd spent the summer, Ig ended up blushing a little as she turned the topic onto him. And his girlfriend. Dreamy sighing was mentally happening. "Oh, you know... We hung out over the summer. And I just, like, really, really like spending time with her, you know? And kind of, like, didn't want to just be friends who snogged." There was also the whole thing of getting jealous when he thought about her snogging anyone else, and the wanting to be able to surprise her with presents and kisses and tell everyone about her, but he refrained from saying that.

Didn't want Kins to think he was too full on.
As it was, Kinsay didn't want to play anymore parties in the future. She's decided that she's done with that. It was too much drama. So IG really needn't worry about getting uninvited, though it was sweet that he was making his case all the same. And Kins gave him her full attention because she's polite. "Oh." This was not the explanation that she had expected, ngl. Of all the excuses, this one was ... strange. But honest, in a refreshing sort of way too. Maybe. "Okay, I guess that's fair. You can be the party hype man instead." This was a job she was confident he'd succeed in.

Even while making more doughballs, she continued to listen. It wasn't distracting. It actually helped. So. Yeah. "Definitely." She replied with a firm nod. Kins wanted Gideon there too, obviously. The rest of hs list also sounded good, so Kins made sure to visibly show her approval before tacking on a few other necessary names. "Emm and Emma, for sure. Maybe Moose and Adam too, but we'd need to confirm with C." Because what they didn't need was drama. So that'd have to be left in C's hands. All in all, it was a pretty solid list. Well done, IG. Usually Kinsay didn't trust other people to get the work done, but Igancio kind of killed it. She wouldn't be telling hm that though. In case it got to his head, y'know? So really she was doing him a favor in that regard.

"Tell me about it!" Again, Kinsay agreed. It totally made sense. Maybe she and IG were more similar than she had thought. Weird. Kinsay wasn't sure she liked that (no offense). Anyway. She continued to stack several doughballs on top of each other, giving the illusion that she wasn't paying close attention to the way he reacted to her question. But, in reality, she was for suuuuuure scrutinizing him. Every single detail. She had a mission to complete, of course, and part of that was in her report back so. She needed to get all of it. "I had no idea!" That he really liked spending time with Nerina, that is. (She had every idea, but for the sake of her mission, it behooved her to play along). "How's it been so far?"

It was too late for that. Kins knew.

You are Lemon!