Thread: Owlery
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 08:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Caes was intrigued about the dangers of the Forbidden Forest. "Giant Spiders? But.. if they're so dangerous how come they don't come into the castle?" It was confusing, though maybe they helped protect the school as a deal? "I guess maybe it's like the waters surrounding our forest and school, we're advised not to take a swim without facing consequences." He was surprised at not just knowing more about the school but how easily it was conversing with Violet. Outside his little sister who was comforting as well.
Violet frowned a bit at his question--what did keep the Acromantulas from getting into the castle? Probably the same protective enchantments that kept out other bad things (except the Board of Governors, unfortunately). "I think it's just the same enchantments that protect the castle in general--there are a lot of them supposedly, and very strong ones. The spiders are Acromantulas technically--I think they were left here by somone who was at Hogwarts long ago, or at least that's what I've heard, but I don't really know for certain. I just know that I never want to come face to face with them again. Ever." Violet shuddered slightly at the memory of that night, and then firmly put it out of her mind. She didn't want to think about things like that when she had an opportunity of getting to know Caes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
"Hogsmeade?" A local village.. Interesting. They didn't have that sort of privilege. "Well.. maybe once the village is open for us you can tell me more about this school's secrets that you know of." Suddenly he felt his heart pause. Did he just ask her out? Well, no use taking it back now.
And...did she hear that correctly? Did Caes just, kinda, sorta, ask her out? Whether he meant to or not, Violet was jumping on it. She had been longing to have a normal school experience for four or five years now, and she was not going to let this chance slip. Even though social conversation was not her strong point. "Well, certainly--I'd be happy to show you what I know about Hogsmeade if you like. Hopefully we'll get a weekend during the winter weather--the village is really pretty in the snow. Magical, even," Violet chuckled slightly at the last, a weak attempt at a joke. "Actually, I wish I knew more of the castle's secrets--it seems every year there's something going on, plus, of course, school, and somehow I've never gotten around to exploring everything. But," Violet had a sudden idea, "have you seen the Weasley Swamp on the fifth floor?" She was trying to think of things a boy like Caes would like; she somehow doubted he would be as taken with the library or historical maps as she was.