View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 08:24 PM   #49 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
When Norman glanced at his watch again, he saw that the fifteen minutes allotted had passed. Holding the whistle to his lips, he gave one shrill blast. “Time's up!” he called. “If you’re at the top of the wall, go ahead and zipline down. Otherwise, come back.” He waved a hand, motioning for the students to gather around him.

After allowing a few moments for them to return before continuing, “Great job, everyone! Consider today your first step on the path to becoming an animagus. If you’d like to continue training, drop by my office sometime. This obstacle course will be available for use in the transfiguration corridor, starting tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your day!”
When she heard Professor Carton give the fifteen minute warning, Violet was halfway up the wall and might have been distracted, but the sound of the whistle just made her that much more determined. Her arms were shaky with fatigue and she nearly slipped a couple more times, but by some miracle or burst of stubborness, she actually reached the top just as Carton blew the final whistle that meant the exercise was over. Violet was relieved to hear him say they could still zipline down if they were at the top of the wall--she really would have hated to have finally made it and then have it be for nothing. But realistically, there wasn't really a good way back down the wall other than the grand finish. Hoping she wouldn't fall off, Violet grabbed the zipline in turn and felt a thrill of exhilaration as she sped down to the bottom (Was it exhilaration or fear? Violet wasn't sure, but was going for the former, because she was now in an optimistic mood).

Violet was about to mention to Professor Carton on the way out that yes, she was interested when she heard him mention the obstacle course would be staying up. Was running an obstacle course really training for becoming an Animagus? Violet had thought it was just an exercise to test their determination, but now was not so sure she understood what was involved. She made a mental note to review all her notes later just to be sure. "Goodbye, Professor Carton. I'd...I'd like to come by and talk about becoming an Animagus some time, to make sure I understand everything completely," she said to him when there was an opening, and then began gathering her things and preparing to leave. She was thinking that she might be tempted to take a dip in the Great Lake on her way back to the castle, she thought she had never felt so hot and tired in her life.