View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 12:40 PM   #59 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Leanne watched observantly as Jude and Violet seemed to get the hang of the spell, with Violet finding the first egg that was a number 4. Also, no Alfred she marked taller trees too. BUT what was correct was that she only marked trees that were at the edge of the forest. She didn't anyone having encounters with acromantulas today. So they were getting a variety of numbered eggs, good. But Leanne also knew that there were still many more to be found which was only a matter of time. And the students so far were behaving themselves which was good.

Her attention was drawn to two first years still on the ground though

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Phoenix hadn't been able to cast the gripping charm successfully in all his practice and not only was it frustrating, but it was also embarrassing. Perhaps he shouldn't have been embarrassed since it was a combined class today with a lot of older students who had more experience, but he was. He felt like the only one who wasn't able to do it yet. Or at least it didn't seem like it. He'd tried to cast the charm on the gloves, over and over, but they didn't seem any different when he tried picking up his books with them.

He had half a mind to just pretend like he'd done it right so as not to draw attention to the fact that he couldn't do it. He could probably climb the tree fine and no one would be the wiser. But it would be even more embarrassing if he fell because he didn't have the charm..

The first year watched some of the older students get started climbing the trees for a moment. He tried on his shoes one more time. "Queritorto!" He lifted his foot to check... and no difference. Sighing, he raised his hand. "Professor, could I have some help?"
"Oh, of course. Do you want me to cast it for you this time? Or just talk you through it again?" She asked because he hadn't specifically said he wanted her to cast it. And she knew some students wouldn't want her to do their work for them, while others might have been more than pleased to get out of spellwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
Jo smiled when Professor Mancini reassured her that she would get the charm in no time, but the smile faltered when she moved away. The twelve-year-old was nowhere close to casting the gripping charm successfully, even though she felt that she was saying the incantation and doing the wand movement correctly. Perhaps she lacked the magical power that only older and more experienced witches and wizards had?

Anyway, the lesson was moving on and they were about to climb trees - whaaat? - so she decided to ask for help. "Professor, can you cast the charm for me as well? I'll make sure to work on it in my own time."
Oh, maybe Phoenix did want her to cast the spell? Since Jocelyn asked about casting it. "Of course, Jocelyn. I'd also be more than happy to schedule some time to help you in the practice room adjacent to the charms classroom." Without any further hesitation, she swiftly cast "Queritorto" the girl's gloves and shoes.

Just as Jude had returned to the ground with a second egg. "Still got another five minutes or so..." She called out to the class.

ooc: got about 36 hours more to complete the activity.... and we'll reveal what sort of prize your character won Just a reminder that we're using the gripping charm to climb trees and find plastic eggs that have a number from 1-300 to in them. You can find up to three eggs. Any further questions just ask =)

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.