View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 02:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Mia got a beam back and Vera's own bucket jostled back in forth in her hand as she skipped along after her new friend. Because to Vera, most conversations resulted in friendship. She was very easy to please in that regard. "Ooooh, I like Miss V! It makes me feel all grown up!" She wiggled a bit excitedly, before giving a HUFF at the next question. "Because they're clearly against us having FUN." Her voice dropped to a whisper, "Think of all the cool creatures in the Forest! But they don't want us to go and explore. Which seems counter intuitive because aren't we here to learn? So shouldn't we learn about the creatures in the Forest too?" And what better way to learn than first hand?

She was sure all that safety stuff was nonsense.

Back to focusing on the lake, Vera smiled again as her skips resumed. "I haven't drowned yet!" Which seemed like the best evidence that she was just fine at swimming. Not that she was planning on taking a dive into the water though, it was just an 'in case' question this time. "Hmmm... shouldn't we just grab... everything?" She had no idea what were good potion ingredients and what were not. Couldn't Professor Hernandez do something with anything? Or... wait... maybe this was actually just a ploy to get the kids to do the grounds weeding for the Groundskeeper!? If so. Respect, because this was a genius plot.

Vera turned her head, trying to check to see if Professor Hernandez was paying attention to them and inwardly groaning as she BEAMED and waggled her fingers in a wave at the Professor when he was. She supposed there was no sneaking off today. Hearing the call that the shallow end and around the lake were valuable felt like an invitation to her as Vera turned back to Mia and BEAMED. "Shallow end then?" Without waiting for an answer, she bent over to discard her shoes and socks before stepping into the shallow water. "EEEEEE, it's cold!" Colder than she'd expected anyways.

Squatting down, the first year peered into the water and plucked a couple weeds to plop into her basket. "Do you think we could find gillyweed? I want to try some and go searching for the squid!"
Maria beamed! It felt like she had made a new friend in Vera already and they had only been here like a week. That hadn't been so hard either! Maybe she'd ace the friend making goal she had been so nervous about after all. Focusing on Vera she did her best to not laugh at her huff. "We'll have COMC lessons though, so we will probably get to learn about cool creatures there that might also live in the forbidden forest. We probably shouldn't try and break rules in our first weeks you know?" She knew one person that would get very displeased if she did break a school rule and get detention for the whole purpose of wanting to see a beautiful and cool creature like a unicorn in action.

That Vera hadn't drowned yet wasn't exactly what Maria had hoped to hear as she skipped on along her new friend. Nodding she flung her bucket from side to side. "Yes, sounds like a plan! We grab everything we see and Prof Hernandez will be pleased with us. He can't expect us to know every plants name yet can he?" Maria studied in her potions and herbology books but she couldn't say that many plant names had stuck in her brain just yet.

Before Maria knew it they had come down to the lake edge and Vera was kicking off her shoes and discarding her socks to go down in the shallow water. Vera had spunk! "Wait for me!" she called out as she heard that it was cold. Prepared for the chill Maria also discarded her shoes and socks before joining Vera in the water and looking around with her bucket for a sign of knotgrass. "Look for a green slimy plant that resembles rat tails," Maria called over to Vera as she herself saw some dandelions and other water plants they could gether up. Maria was about to leave the water since she felt how cold her toes and feet were when Prof Hernandez ended the activity. Turning to Vera she said with a hint of dissapointment in her tone. "We have to go back to the Prof, the hunt is over! I liked hunting with you!"