View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 06:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

SPOILER!!: catch-up
Wow, the divination classroom was a loooooong way from the Hufflepuff common room! Desiree found it somewhat funny, considering that Professor Euka was their Head of House. Something she didn’t find funny? The ladder. There was no ladylike way to climb it, but climb it she did. Upon her arrival, the first thing she’d noticed was the candles everywhere. Ooh, pretty! She’d greeted the professor with a smile and a cheery wave before taking a seat at the nearest table. Her eyes were immediately drawn to the candle on the table, and she stared intently at the flame until the lesson began.

She nearly giggled at the professor’s warning. She didn’t need to be told twice. She may be dainty and princessy, but she wasn’t dumb enough to touch a burning candle! Actually, she didn’t think anybody here was that dumb! She considered the question. One use for a candle immediately came to mind. They made the atmosphere more romantic… but that didn’t have anything to do with divination so that probably wasn’t it. As she thought, she vaguely remembered reading about a form of divination using smoke. Was that what they were doing? She had no idea, so she kept quiet.

Ohhh… that’s what they were doing. Desiree listened intently, growing increasingly intrigued by the idea of divination with wax. Ceromancy sounded pretty cool. She couldn’t wait to try it! As she got up to gather her materials, she thought back to her lessons last year. She couldn't recall using any candles last year, other than the usual candles to light the rooms. If those two Slytherins (Violet & Aria) were right, that lesson must’ve been waaaaay before she got here! She shook her head, picking up a bowl and candle from the front. “I don’t think I have,” she said quietly, hoping nobody besides the professor would hear her. “but I’m willing to learn.”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...