Thread: Mysteries: Chamber of Codes
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 07:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"As is with the majority of this department, an oversaturation of magic has its repercussions ...a couple of years ago, if you all recall, the rock pillows became sentient and formed a golem that wrecked havoc."he proceeded to offer her the trident. "Perhaps you and Dottie...or everyone, can examine it and sort out how best to store it. Carefully. It is very important. I will...just be a moment...
Jane did not need to be reminded about the rock golems in the Hall of Prophecy; that incident had happened on her very first day at work when she was on her way to report to Airey Flamsteed. Though at the time she hadn't quite realized that chaotic happenings were the norm rather than the exception here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
,,,Still holding the trident, though now a bit awkwardly as he had had it leaning against his chest, tucked under his arm and sandwiched in his arm bit, and generally anywhere on his person to keep it from clunking against the floor, Airey's attention turned to Jane and found himself entirely too distracted by the mention of a fountain.

Fountain. Water. Singing?

"Pardon me," he said rather abruptly, seemingly not even acknowledging the Unspeakable and what she had just reported to him. "Take this." And he proceeded to offer her the trident. "Perhaps you and Dottie...or everyone, can examine it and sort out how best to store it. Carefully. It is very important. I will...just be a moment..."
What?! "If you could wait just a minute sir, while I put these down," Jane replied, turning aside for a moment to set down her stack of books, next to several other stacks of books on the floor. This day was just getting odder and odder. "Now then," she went on, taking the trident from her boss, "you want this examined and then stored, right?" Jane looked curiously at the trident's handle to see if there were any magical markings on it.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote