Thread: Portfolio: a pinch of salt
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 01:48 PM   #143 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Moose View Post
Kath...Kath....

KATH!!

This is spectacular. Sakura pink works so well with Yumeki. I'm tempted to make his Wand Cherry Wood but I don't want to overdue that theme XD. It's an explosion of it all over these graphics, so maybe I should And I think i see it correctly but is that the shape of a cherry blossom flower on the left in the signature faded into the background?

I looked at your water colors as well while I was here. You never cease to amaze me.

So glad you like them, Jay. These are a lot busier than what I typically do, but the textures and colors kept giving me happy accidents. And yes, that is one of the cherry blossoms there are a few in there but that may be the most prominent one.

I haven't dabbled in water colors yet, you're seeing all my Ohuhu marker work
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Oooh these graphics are so pretty! Always in awe of your graphic skills *__*
I really threw things at the wall to see what would stick...and everything happened to stick this time. The stars aligned for me *snuggles your head*

MerMay "egg"

click for larger view

inspiration prompt #29 "egg" and a tadpole
materials Ohuhu brush tip markers, copic fine inking pens 0.1, Gelly R@ll White 1.0

It has been a moment since I picked up a pencil and sketched something that wasn't ice cream for my online students, so there was a lot of erasing involved before I felt like body proportions and especially the tail looked the way I 'wanted' it to. I had messed around with her hair for a bit too...and then the spiral just stuck and it seemed to flor with the rest of her body position and the round shape of a tadpole's head...so it stuck The sketch itself did not take all that long, surprisingly, and instead of inking my line art first...I put the color down and then inked. This was a recommendation from a couple of YouTubers that I watch and, honestly, it did take a lot of pressure off when it came to the line art because the color was already there and the process went much smoother.

I've tried to participate in MerMay in the past...drew a couple of fruit mermaids two years ago and entirely missed doing anything in May last year. Not sure how much I will be able to accomplish this May, but going to give it a solid go!

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote