Thread: Mysteries: Decompression Chamber
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane had been peering at Laurel's injury from behind Adam, who continued to examine it without speaking. "It doesn't look too bad," she finally volunteered, "I'm sure Adam has something that will help." If not, Jane was sure she did, but she hesitated to interfere.

"The Death Chamber?" she responded to Laurel's question. "Well, I don't know if I'd call it 'special' exactly, but it does produce a rather strong atmosphere--the Veil is down there right at the bottom and sometimes you can almost feel the edge of the Other World close by. But as for my current work, it involves rather--harsh potions and some unpleasant ingredients. The Love Chamber is just too...warm and comforting, you understand--it's just not the right place for what I'm doing right now." What she was doing, in fact, involved confronting mortality, one's own included, and she suspected would lead her into a rather dark place before she was done. "But I hope to be back in your labs in the next stages." However long that would be--the current phase seemed to be taking forever, though she had been delayed by those months in the hospital.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote