View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Aiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden Lockwood View Post

"It is...?" Aiden asked softly. "But what if I can't do it...?" He was pretty sure he couldn't. It was too hard. But well maybe if she could teach him. Maybe he could try. Maybe he could learn it...but what if he messed up? He looked up at her, unsure.

"M-me?" Aiden asked, surprised. "Um I'm Aiden. Aiden Lockwood." he said, introducing himself as he had always been taught. "I'm eleven years old," he told her. She probably could have guessed that part. Nobody ever guessed that right at home, but at school NOBODY was younger than eleven, so for the first time people got his age right, except for when they thought he had somehow got in by mistake.

Ash stared at Aiden(well, she was really staring past him at a blank spot on the wall). "Well, then you could go around without shoes-" she'd seen another first year doing that "- or you could wear velcro shoes. Or you could keep trying until you can do it. Other people won't always be there when you want them." Maybe they were dead, just like graduated. Or maybe they hated you. Or maybe they were dead. What had they been talking about? Ash took another bite of bagel and shifted her gaze to the person actually talking to her.

Oh! Right. Shoelaces. And... introductions, or whatever. "I'm... Ash. I'm... fifteen." She was glad it wasn't between the months of May and July, because she knew for certain that she was fifteen right now whichever way you looked at it. However you counted.

"Sit down." She was talking to him, even though she was back to staring at the wall. "I'll show you how to tie them."