View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 02:38 AM   #116 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Still time left, just a quick reply for Ash! ^_^
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
SPOILER!!: Evan & Violet & Professor

Ash tilted her head at Professor Carton. "Please? Just like, walk into the maze and then walk back out in like 30 seconds. So I know I can go in and it's safe." He basically couldn't refuse. Because! If her fear was so irrational, then there was no reason why the professor couldn't come in for less than a minute. Apparently, it was perfectly safe. "Please? If you can go in, I can do the whole thing." There were vines in there. And maybe small animals about to be murdered. And other scary things. It was a MAZE. "Please?" Please please please. She was not a baby and she was definitely not overreacting!

"Just because it's school doesn't mean it's not real life," Ash pointed out. Reasonably. Nearly every horror she had experienced had happened in this school. "I guess we can go left." (mostly because Ash wanted Violet to stop staring at her). "If Professor Carton comes to the entrance with us." Ash stared at Carton with a look of defiance(Well, she TRIED to, it mostly came out as genuine fear). She wasn't crazy. Nobody thought so, right? Mazes were bad. Ash looked at Evan out of the corner of her eye. He didn't think she was crazy, right? This was rational. The last time they went in a maze, something died.

Ash walked towards the maze. Look! She was participating and stuff!!! She was doing what people wanted. Now it was Carton's turn. Please.
Norman studied Fox’s face with an unreadable look in his eye. He could understand her fear to some extent, and it wasn’t a completely unreasonable request. He gave her a barely perceptible nod. “I’ll go in as far as the fork in the path. You’ll have to make your own way from there.”

That was the best compromise he could offer. He would do what he could to ease her (and any other student’s) fears, but he would not accompany her all the way through the maze. How would she learn if he did?

He walked alongside Fox’s group toward the maze and ventured inside, stopping at the point where the path forked into three directions. He stood to one side so as not to block the paths for any stragglers, completely unharmed and unbothered. See? Nothing to worry about!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...