View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 02:12 AM   #115 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Default Left path with Violet and Evan, probably
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Evan & Violet & Professor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet came up behind Ash and Evan. She'd been reluctant to interfere between two, as she sensed something might be going on there that would not welcome a third party, but then she noticed Ashley was starting to move toward her freaking out mode and decided to intervene. "Mind if I join you two?" she offered, looking over at Evan and hoping he wasn't going to be annoyed.

Turning back to Ashley, she lowered her voice and muttered, "Come on, the professor can't go with everyone and, like he said, it's not real. Might as well get used to dealing with scary things in school instead of waiting till they happen in real life." Raising her voice a little, she added, "I'll go first if you both don't mind. Too bad they didn't teach us this vines spell last year, eh?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

As he watched the students practicing and dividing into groups, he saw Fox’s hand in the air. He turned and saw Blackthorne mutter something to Fox, but he couldn’t make out what she said. His discerning blue-green eyes lingered on Fox for a moment. He could somewhat understand her worry - that girl had been through true horrors nobody should ever have to face! But at the same time, she’d never learn how to combat the maze obstacles if he were following every step of the way.

“What would it accomplish if I did?” he asked. There was no hint of a reprimand to his tone; it was an honest question. Depending on her answer, he might meet her halfway.

OOC: Please indicate which path your character/group is taking (Left, right, or straight) in the title of your post. You still have 36-40 HOURS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Hearing Ash agree to go in, Evan gave her a small smile before starting forward as well. When she paused, however he halted as well and turned towards her, a questioning tilt to his head. Glancing back at the maze at her words, he considered it before giving his shoulders a small shrug. "Carton has been one of the good ones. I imagine the reason he isn't going in too is because he has a better vantage point of the maze from out here in case someone gets scared and needs him." But then she was asking if the Professor would be going in too, and he shushed himself. He briefly considered going in ahead but didn't want to leave her, so he'd wait as well.

Violet approached as well and inquired about going with them, and Evan gave another small half smile and a nod of his head, "Please do.". He had zero issues with that, another team mate would be helpful, and Violet was intelligent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Pleased that her presence was accepted, Violet stood in the entrance to the maze and stared down it to where it branched into three paths. Hmmm....a path with something rustling around, a path where it was getting darker, and a path which sloped downward. Obviously issues with them all, but...

"Okay, let's go," she said with more confidence than she felt. "I say we go left--I'd rather be able to hear whatever is coming than for it to be hidden in the dark, or to come down upon it unwares." She looked back at the other two. "What do you guys think?"

Violet let her gaze rest firmly upon Ashley, willing the other girl to agree to come with them.

Ash tilted her head at Professor Carton. "Please? Just like, walk into the maze and then walk back out in like 30 seconds. So I know I can go in and it's safe." He basically couldn't refuse. Because! If her fear was so irrational, then there was no reason why the professor couldn't come in for less than a minute. Apparently, it was perfectly safe. "Please? If you can go in, I can do the whole thing." There were vines in there. And maybe small animals about to be murdered. And other scary things. It was a MAZE. "Please?" Please please please. She was not a baby and she was definitely not overreacting!

"Just because it's school doesn't mean it's not real life," Ash pointed out. Reasonably. Nearly every horror she had experienced had happened in this school. "I guess we can go left." (mostly because Ash wanted Violet to stop staring at her). "If Professor Carton comes to the entrance with us." Ash stared at Carton with a look of defiance(Well, she TRIED to, it mostly came out as genuine fear). She wasn't crazy. Nobody thought so, right? Mazes were bad. Ash looked at Evan out of the corner of her eye. He didn't think she was crazy, right? This was rational. The last time they went in a maze, something died.

Ash walked towards the maze. Look! She was participating and stuff!!! She was doing what people wanted. Now it was Carton's turn. Please.